Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gigantor 27th September 2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 105162)
Picked up the following tat from Poundland:
Big Bad Wolf

Good score I was surprised by this one its quite decent.Well worth the Pound!

Pete 27th September 2010 07:25 PM

I really wish they'd stop making new episodes of the Simpsons, they're just not funny anymore. It''s sad how much it has dropped in quality.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th September 2010 07:30 PM

Picked up Cage's Bad Lieutenant today.
Ferrara's original is one classic powerhouse of a movie.:nod:

Can't see this coming up to scratch,but let's hope it's far better than his murderization of The Wicker Man!:shocked:

Gigantor 27th September 2010 07:36 PM

I have a copy of Cages Bad Lieutenant waiting to be watched as well.No way it will even come close to the original but it definitely has to be better than THE WICKERMAN remake/Couldnt be worse.Could it?:eek:

pedromonkey 27th September 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 105179)
I really wish they'd stop making new episodes of the Simpsons, they're just not funny anymore. It''s sad how much it has dropped in quality.

the best thing about south park is that they make a show every 6 days, i know it sounds preposterous, but they are able to keep up with current issues. The simpsons takes 9 months to make one show, so the stories they have don't seem to be relevent, i will give the simpsons one thing, it is the longest running animated show ever, and that should count for something. It was around season 8 of the simpsons that the show started to lose it as the original writers all left, but some have returned and some of the newer episodes are getting better.

the best thing about south park is they constantly put the kids in danger and always have an escape plan, but the Simpsons can't do that as they're on a major network, Fox. Now Family Guy is on Fox, but as the show has been cancelled twice, they just let Seth MacFarlen just do what he wants because of DVD sales, they know they have the money.

South is the most consistanty funny show on US television at the moment and only seems to be getting better and better, plus they'd only been on air for 2 seasons before the movie, which was Oscar Nominated, The simpsons had to wait 20 years before they gave us a movie and it pretty much flopped and didn't get the critical praise that was expected.

Anyway South Park Rules, and if any disagrees, i'll kick 'em sqaure in the noots....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th September 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 105188)
I have a copy of Cages Bad Lieutenant waiting to be watched as well.No way it will even come close to the original but it definitely has to be better than THE WICKERMAN remake/Couldnt be worse.Could it?:eek:

NOTHING could Gig.;)

pedromonkey 29th September 2010 05:17 PM

Hell Yes!!!!!, got home today to find a package, Arrow's beautiful City Of The Living Dead, that now makes my Arrow Titles equal to my Shameless, (6 all)

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th September 2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 105534)
Hell Yes!!!!!, got home today to find a package, Arrow's beautiful City Of The Living Dead, that now makes my Arrow Titles equal to my Shameless, (6 all)

And which artwork is Mr Pedromonkey thinking of using? Surely someone must be using Rick's?

Argentofan 29th September 2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 105538)
And which artwork is Mr Pedromonkey thinking of using? Surely someone must be using Rick's?

I'm using Rick's. :D

pedromonkey 29th September 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 105538)

look at you, with your new username, all regal like, haha...

i will be using Rick's Work as all of my Arrows are using the commissioned art, what's the point of having it if you can't show it...