Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Mahoney32 4th October 2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 106318)
If I can remember rightly I think it was a Fiat500, I may be wrong. Been a while since I watched this classic.

Hi, I can't remember what model car it was either. Would have to watch the film again to find this out. It was so small, they had to climb out of the sun roof, to get out. I'll never forget seeing that car. The killers demise was horrific to. Well shot that sequence, and very effective.

Mahoney32 4th October 2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 106319)
Just bought both the Optimus Prime and Megabot Transforming cases of the original Transformers. That now means I have all 3, including the Bumblebee one from Transformers 2. Whoop Whoop!!

To change the subject slightly does anyone know of any film releases that came with a mask case? I'm trying to collect them cos I'm sad like that. Check out my DVD Mask Case! Thread to see the ones I got already. Any help will be much appreciated

A childhood favourite. The original Optimus Prime toy, was an all time favourite of mine. I've seen re-productions of it around since. Forbidden Planet stocked it at one point. Whether or not it's still available from somewhere, I don't know. Seeing some of the episodes today, takes me back....

Gigantor 4th October 2010 12:31 PM

Angel of vengeance

Argentofan 4th October 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 106298)
just got home from work to find that i'd won Cat o' Nine Tails on DVD for 1.04. awesome....

Nice :D

pedromonkey 4th October 2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 106381)
Nice :D

it's the uk platinum release, so im unsure of the picture quality, the dvd i have of it at the moment is the US diamond release and it's unwatchable, but for 1.04p it's a bargain..

Argentofan 4th October 2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 106387)
it's the uk platinum release, so im unsure of the picture quality, the dvd i have of it at the moment is the US diamond release and it's unwatchable, but for 1.04p it's a bargain..

The PQ of the platinum release is pretty good. It's the only version I own. I need to get the Blue Underground version.

bdc 4th October 2010 06:36 PM

I would hold off till a new version or blu appears (Arrow) because even the AB/BU version is not that impressive at times.
I bought the BU because I wasn't that impressed with my Dutch disc but both seem to use the same master... ;)

Pete 4th October 2010 06:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 106387)

Here are some grabs from the UK disc:

Attachment 7049 Attachment 7050 Attachment 7051 Attachment 7052 Attachment 7053

pedromonkey 4th October 2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 106475)

cheers Pete, they seem way better than that piece of crap diamond release...

bdc 4th October 2010 07:32 PM

Does that UK disc have the Italian version?
As I'm seeing subs... ;)