Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Linbro 26th May 2014 10:49 AM

Speaking of tv series, I ordered the boxset of 'Millennium' today, as well as the 'Nosferatu'(Herzog) steelbook.
Really looking forward to revisiting 'Millennium', I haven't seen it since broadcast in the mid 90's, and have very fond memories. For me, it's one of those shows that reminds you of a time in your life, like many films/songs etc do.
Haven't seen Herzog's 'Nosfetatu'.

Rik 26th May 2014 10:52 AM

It's good, but you kind of feel like giving Nosferatu a hug while watching it :lol:

Haven't watched the German version yet, but I believe it's exactly the same, someone correct me if I'm wrong :nod:

Nordicdusk 26th May 2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 404926)
Not to raise your expectations, but it is the best TV show that has ever been (an probably ever will be), in my opinion!

This is not an opinion this is a FACT :nod:

trebor8273 26th May 2014 11:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
picked these up while i was getting groceries(well refresher lollies), king kong v godzilla was only £3 at asda and elm street boxset wa £15 in grainger games(god knows how many times i've bought and sold this)

Nordicdusk 26th May 2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 404949)
picked these up while i was getting groceries(well refresher lollies), king kong v godzilla was only £3 at asda and elm street boxset wa £15 in grainger games(god knows how many times i've bought and sold this)

You should of posted pic of lollies saying I picked these up while film shopping.;)

keirarts 26th May 2014 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 404776)
Just placed a order for these of zavvi

Blood on satans cat

Attachment 136604

Rik 26th May 2014 12:28 PM

Ha ha, that's how I perceive all cats!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 404930)
The BD set also includes Lynch's feature length film Fire Walk with Me. If you haven't already watched the film, I'd recommend watching the TV show first as the film acts as both a prequel and sequel to the show in many ways and is therefore rife with spoilers.

Fire Walk with Me is a brilliant film – I bought it before I'd seen the second series of Twin Peaks, so I had to buy and watch the second season so as not to ruin the developments within the second series.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 404776)
Just placed a order for these of zavvi

Blood on satans cat

Prepared to be disappointed as there isn't a very prominent feline presence at any point in the film!

Demoncrat 26th May 2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 404724)
Picked these up in CEX this week.

Attachment 136505 £4 Attachment 136506 £1

Attachment 136507 £1.50 Attachment 136508 £4

Female Vampire says it's 'full strength' but i guess it depends on the cut, only ever seen the Redemption VHS so as long as it's the same i'm not that bothered, hardcore horror is always too distracting anyway. :blush:

Hunter S Thompson doc's not supposed to be very good but i own Gonzo, Where the buffalo roam, Rum diary and Fear and loathing so thought i'd give it a go.:pop2:

Only ever owned a VHS from amsterdam of Blood Feast with subs so that
needed upgrading.:nod:

Deep Red at that price with Poster and booklet, can't be bad.:)

Re: Female Vampire......nae with a BBFC certificate haha. a great film, if you are as hypnotized by La Romay's lady garden cough;) as I am.