Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 31st May 2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 405456)
Strange pickups this week.... ;)

First 8 Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (6 new) for 3,5 Euro (trying to reduce my electricity bill).

I replaced 2x25W with 2x7W in several places around the house.

Then I bought a 3 hour glass timer (3,5,8 mins) for 1 Euro. :loco:

And I also bought this for 10 Euro.

Dell Supersharp 2208WFPt 22" Monitor.
I already owned a very similar 20" Dell monitor but I wanted to go a bit bigger... :lol:
Must say it's a bit of an adjustment. ;)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/14kic0m.jpg

Once I switched to those low energy bulbs(and after my eyes adjusted:lol:) I really got to like the more subtle light of a 11watt source rather than a harsh 40-60watt bulb.
and the ability to flip a monitor vertically is a boon for old school shoot em ups that have an arcade style vertical mode.

monkeyscreams 31st May 2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 405154)

"Thank you" for posting this. I wanted to buy this although it is quite expensive, but when I saw these images I just had to order it. So I did. So much stuff coming up in the next few months, Borowczyk Collection, Werner Herzog, Grillet, etc. But in the end it is worth it, I keep telling myself :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyscreams (Post 405485)
"Thank you" for posting this. I wanted to buy this although it is quite expensive, but when I saw these images I just had to order it. So I did.

You're welcome!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st May 2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 405456)
First 8 Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (6 new) for 3,5 Euro (trying to reduce my electricity bill).

I replaced 2x25W with 2x7W in several places around the house.

I recently moved house so did a similar thing as a lot of the bulbs had blown and needed replacing. However, I did make the mistake of picking up a couple of 'daylight' bulbs along with the the regular ones. Never again! A corner of the living room ended up looking like a hospital operating theatre and I was also under the assumption that I had my own lighthouse installed at the top of the stairs. :doh:

Gold6082 31st May 2014 10:31 AM

This Mornings arrivals were

Black Sunday (Arrow blu)
Psycho II (Scream Factory blu)
White Dog (Eureka MOC Blu)

expected in the next 7 days

Baron Blood Blu (Arrow) Currently just £7.99 at zavvi (upgrade from raro dvd)
Prison (Scream Factory Blu)
House on Straw Hill (Severin Blu) one of the few nasties I've yet to see!
The Uninvited,Seconds & Naked Lunch (Criterion blu's)
Best of Shortland street Volume 3 dvd
Contraband (shameless out monday?)
Night of The Devils (Raro Blu)
The Howling (Scream Factory Blu)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st May 2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 405502)
House on Straw Hill (Severin Blu) one of the few nasties I've yet to see!

You're in for a treat then! (well, at least I think so).

Gold6082 31st May 2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 405504)
You're in for a treat then! (well, at least I think so).

sounds good most films you've recommended in the past I have agreed with your opinion.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st May 2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 405500)
I recently moved house so did a similar thing as a lot of the bulbs had blown and needed replacing. However, I did make the mistake of picking up a couple of 'daylight' bulbs along with the the regular ones. Never again! A corner of the living room ended up looking like a hospital operating theatre and I was also under the assumption that I had my own lighthouse installed at the top of the stairs. :doh:

All this talk of purchasing light bulbs.

You do know Nos will have to go and buy some now, preferably in numerical order, as will Stephen if they are in the correct artwork he remembers from the eighties.

Not to mention Trebor who will trade in his Doctor Who collection at CEX and buy Blackpool Illuminations.

:lol:

ReversedBible 31st May 2014 04:24 PM

I placed an order on Shameless last night. The Black Cat and Who Saw Her Die? will hopefully come to my door soon. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st May 2014 04:37 PM

10 Attachment(s)
This week's new arrivals.