Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 14th June 2014 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just one charity shop job. £1.99

Attachment 137700

Not one of the best Karloff films,but at that price i thought why not, had a cheap copy that this replaces. The picture quality looks ok and has a booklet included. Also has a commentary with Kim Newman and Stephen Jones which was what sold it for me.:)

keirarts 15th June 2014 10:57 AM

Word of warning, Lorely's grasp German blu-ray is somewhat underwhelming to say the least... Looks far too bright and barely a step up from the DVD.

trebor8273 15th June 2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 407259)
Word of warning, Lorely's grasp German blu-ray is somewhat underwhelming to say the least... Looks far too bright and barely a step up from the DVD.

Aren't a lot of these Germany blu rays hit or miss, was going to get moontrap but that's supposed to be very poor transfer

keirarts 15th June 2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 407264)
Aren't a lot of these Germany blu rays hit or miss, was going to get moontrap but that's supposed to be very poor transfer

Don't get me wrong. If you don't own the film its worth considering as its not AWFUL. If you already own the DVD its not worth buying. If you missed out on the DVD then given that's £40 at the minute then its certainly a cheaper alternative.

trebor8273 15th June 2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 407266)
Don't get me wrong. If you don't own the film its worth considering as its not AWFUL. If you already own the DVD its not worth buying. If you missed out on the DVD then given that's £40 at the minute then its certainly a cheaper alternative.

As there is no DVD of moontrap I will probably get it

keirarts 15th June 2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 407268)
As there is no DVD of moontrap I will probably get it

I meant LORELEY'S GRASP

platostotal 15th June 2014 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Blu from Poudland, £1.

trebor8273 15th June 2014 05:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
some car boot pickups

ReversedBible 15th June 2014 08:42 PM

I finally bought Madman for cheap from some guy on Facebook. I've wanted to have this movie for a long time but for some reason it just hasn't happened. :)

InDogWeTrust 16th June 2014 05:52 AM

Giant haul of stuff I've picked up, last night and just this afternoon. I won't be taking photo's this time. Too many purchases and too lazy me! :laugh:

Anyways, Picked up;

The Sword In The Stone /DVD
Tarzan & Jane /DVD
The Jungle Book /DVD
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame /DVD
Robin Hood /DVD
Pocahontus /DVD
Mulan /DVD
The Rescuers /DVD
The Rescuers Down Under /DVD
Atlantis /DVD

(I'm clearly expanding my Disney collection!)

Shane /DVD
Robocop: The Series /DVD
Memento /BD
Good Will Hunting (15 Anniversary Edition) /BD
Wall Street Limited Edition Collection (1&2 with limited edition Cufflinks) /BD
Rango /DVD
Apocolypto /DVD