Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2014, 09:21 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I actually really like Gutterballs. It's crude, nasty, and silly but also highly entertaining. MSP on the other hand is garbage - it just tries to push the envelope in terms of the nasty stakes and is one of those films that exists only to try and shock for the sheer sake of it wrapped up in the thinnest of plots. It actually fails a little in it's 'objective' here too, and is quite dull, but I suppose it must have its share of fans. I've never seen Megan is Missing but it's one I've been meaning to check out for a while.
Old 25th June 2014, 09:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Ordered these for £20 the lot, not sure what im letting myself in for here

Are they uncut ?
Old 25th June 2014, 09:55 AM
Active Cultist

i think they are yeah Gutterballs is advertised as uncut Etc Murder Set Pieces runtime is 105mins not sure about Megan is missing though, dont know how many different versions there are
Old 25th June 2014, 10:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Gun Justice has just turned up in a thin 1 dvd case. I thought it would have been bigger anyway it has on it

15 episodes of the 1938 Lone Ranger Show
17 episodes of the 1949-1956 Lone Ranger Show
4 episodes of The Cisco Kid
3 episodes of The Gabby Hayes Show
3 episodes of The Adventures Of Kid Carson
2 episodes of The Roy Rogers Show
4 episodes of Annie Oakley
1 episode of Judge Roy Bean
1 episode of Cowboy G-Men
bdc and keirarts like this.
Old 25th June 2014, 10:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Having to control myself lately.
Is that Martin the 2 discer btw?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2014, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Recent purchases:

Some slightly OT purchases, but it saves taking more than one photo. So happy The Final Terror arrived, I've been looking forward to this so much! Kudos to Scream Factory for rescuing it. 88 Films Bloody Birthday release seems the best bet, as it features an exclusive commentary with Justin Kerswell. I needed a bigger USB key after finding out Vinegar Syndrome has a free HD downloads section, which included a newly remastered transfer of Silent Night, Bloody Night. I also downloaded Guru The Mad Monk to see how bad it really is. I'm not a fan of downloads, but if I can stick 'em on a USB key and watch them on my home cinema system it's not so bad. Some downloads seem to have annoying DRM which doesn't allow that, and connecting my PC and home cinema system isn't really an option.

Also picked up a few Studio Canal Collection releases before they go out of print. Still a few more I want though. I've been looking forward to Arrow's Phibes set. I also got Pit Stop from them in the sale. The Re-Animator Steelbook from SecondSight, recent releases from Eureka's MoC line, Third Window Films, Araki's best movie, in my opinion, and Stranger By The Lake, which I really adored.

It seems like a lot, but it's been some time since I last posted pick ups. I'm hoping Vinegar Syndrome's release of Runaway Nightmare pops through my door any day now.
Old 25th June 2014, 01:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

BU Conquest dvd from bedorca.

That's two copies now, must get that 3 discer!!
bdc likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2014, 02:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tom Savini's Horror Effects on DVD from CMV Laservision
bdc likes this.
Old 25th June 2014, 03:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bought this recently. Already have Optimums Blu but I LOVE this film and got it for the 53 min doc and I think the PQ might be slightly better on it. Plus it was only 6 quid on Amazon.co.uk including postage from the USA. Bargain for such an awesome film.

bdc, Demoncrat, keirarts and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Buboven; 25th June 2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 25th June 2014, 03:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I actually really like Gutterballs. It's crude, nasty, and silly but also highly entertaining. MSP on the other hand is garbage - it just tries to push the envelope in terms of the nasty stakes and is one of those films that exists only to try and shock for the sheer sake of it wrapped up in the thinnest of plots. It actually fails a little in it's 'objective' here too, and is quite dull, but I suppose it must have its share of fans. I've never seen Megan is Missing but it's one I've been meaning to check out for a while.
I can appreciate Gutter balls for hitting all the right sleazy buttons as it is clearly aiming to do BUT the thing that I really cant stand about it and actually puts me off is the way the characters are written so they have to say f*ck every 2 minutes, God that gets irritating.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!