Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 25th June 2014 03:47 PM

Arrow sale:

The Funhouse - Blu-ray - I have the Arrowdrome version, so this is an upgrade for the extra features - £7.99
The Initiation - Arrowdrome blind buy - £4.99
Lust In The Dust - Arrowdrome - Hey! It has a transvestite in the lead role. Of course I was going to get it! - £4.99
Pin - Arrowdrome blind buy - £4.99
Pit Stop - Duel Version - Blind buy. I liked 'Spider Baby', but was not too keen on 'Foxy Brown' - £7.99
Spirits Of The Dead - Arrow Academy Blu-Ray - Blind buy. I have 'umed-and-ahed' about this for too long! - £7.99
The Vineyard - Arrowdrome - Blind buy - £4.99

Buboven 25th June 2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 408428)
Arrow sale:

The Funhouse - Blu-ray - I have the Arrowdrome version, so this is an upgrade for the extra features - £7.99
The Initiation - Arrowdrome blind buy - £4.99
Lust In The Dust - Arrowdrome - Hey! It has a transvestite in the lead role. Of course I was going to get it! - £4.99
Pin - Arrowdrome blind buy - £4.99
Pit Stop - Duel Version - Blind buy. I liked 'Spider Baby', but was not too keen on 'Foxy Brown' - £7.99
Spirits Of The Dead - Arrow Academy Blu-Ray - Blind buy. I have 'umed-and-ahed' about this for too long! - £7.99
The Vineyard - Arrowdrome - Blind buy - £4.99

Spider Baby was a blind buy for me and got me into Jack Hill's films. I also felt that Foxy Brown was good, but nowhere near the brilliance of Spider baby.

Pit Stop while it comes very close to Spider baby for me is not quite as good, but as I say comes very close to it and is defo worth owning. As I heard someone say on the extra features, Pit Stop and Spider baby are two unsung masterpieces of the 1960's and I have to agree with that. Both have two great performances from Sid Haig, if nothing else.

platostotal 25th June 2014 04:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got these on dvd for £1 each, Easy Rider was a no-brainer but when I saw the first 3 FD together for £3 gave in and got them too.

keirarts 25th June 2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 (Post 408352)

I found megan is missing harrowing.
Thought murder set pieces was juvenile but Gutterballs to be sleazy fun...

trebor8273 25th June 2014 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
two deliveries today

Make Them Die Slowly 25th June 2014 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a purchase, but a woman I work with is from Zimbabwe and lent me this after we were talking about films. It looks epic...and runs over two discs, apparently that is the norm for films from Zimbabwe! She also recommended Nigerian horror films, which sound great...but sadly she doesn't own any.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 408454)
Not a purchase, but a woman

I only read this far when i thought you'd been buying women again.

Rik 25th June 2014 07:42 PM

Diabolik have shipped my Grindhouse BD of Cannibal Holocaust, looking forward to having an almost complete edition in HD, sorry Shameless, but this will be the definitive edition! :woohoo:

Make Them Die Slowly 25th June 2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 408455)
I only read this far when i thought you'd been buying women again.

and I got change from a tenner too!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th June 2014 08:45 PM

Picked up Captain Clegg BD tonight in HMV.They had no Bloody Birthday though.
'Manager' said not the kind of title they'd have on order.:mmph:
Manager now has Bloody Noseday....:lol: