Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

tele1962 26th June 2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 408570)
Got these, Iron Sky & The Hustler from CEX for £3, found the MGM TOB in a charity shop's bargain bin for...25p!!! (thought it must be scratched to hell, but it plays fine, case was smashed but swapped it for a PS2 game case when I got home:))

Mate do you not purchase Blu Ray's, most of what you have there look stunning on the format?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th June 2014 09:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These arrived today AND Diabolik has shipped Cannibal Holocaust!:woot:

Nordicdusk 26th June 2014 09:24 PM

13 Attachment(s)
I start a weeks holidays tomorrw so holiday money = more films. Have these in my basket ready to be ordered as soon as i get paid tomorrow. I had The Fog ad Prince of Darkness in my basket on Amazon but the price kept going up eveytime i went to order so finally getting them anyway.

Attachment 138203 Attachment 138204 Attachment 138205 Attachment 138206 Attachment 138207 Attachment 138208 Attachment 138209 Attachment 138210 Attachment 138211 Attachment 138212 Attachment 138213 Attachment 138214 Attachment 138215

Sam 26th June 2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 408584)
I start a weeks holidays tomorrw so holiday money = more films. Have these in my basket ready to be ordered as soon as i get paid tomorrow. I had The Fog ad Prince of Darkness in my basket on Amazon but the price kept going up eveytime i went to order so finally getting them anyway.

Attachment 138203 Attachment 138204 Attachment 138205 Attachment 138206 Attachment 138207 Attachment 138208 Attachment 138209 Attachment 138210 Attachment 138211 Attachment 138212 Attachment 138213 Attachment 138214 Attachment 138215

Some belters there, nordicdusk. Deathwish 3 is a stone-wall classic :)

Nordicdusk 26th June 2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 408585)
Some belters there, nordicdusk. Deathwish 3 is a stone-wall classic :)

Cheers Sam i hate the waiting for them to arrive shame i didnt have them for my holidays. As for Death Wish i love all 5 film Bronson kicks ass any day of the week :lol:

platostotal 26th June 2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 408574)
Mate do you not purchase Blu Ray's, most of what you have there look stunning on the format?

Long story, most Bluray discs are now dual-layer(ones that have a wavy pattern on the disc) my player has now refused to load those, after searching around(including PS3 forums) this is becoming a real problem for longevity, it's okay if you can pick up a new player today but when the lens/laser refuses to read dual-layer discs in the future when players are no longer available we may be stuck with shelves full of discs with no hardware to play them on, unlike dvd dual-layer format the Bluray dual-layer seems much more difficult to read than single-layer discs leading to a players lifespan of 2-3 years before the lens/laser gives up and refuses dual-layer, my PS2 dates from 2004 and still plays dvd perfectly 10 years on and has had heavy games/film use, so I only buy single layer Blu discs now, I fear we are near the end of physical media so companies have no interest in fixing the issue so once the players are gone stunning pq or not those dual-layer discs will just gather dust.

keirarts 26th June 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 408590)
Long story, most Bluray discs are now dual-layer(ones that have a wavy pattern on the disc) my player has now refused to load those, after searching around(including PS3 forums) this is becoming a real problem for longevity, it's okay if you can pick up a new player today but when the lens/laser refuses to read dual-layer discs in the future when players are no longer available we may be stuck with shelves full of discs with no hardware to play them on, unlike dvd dual-layer format the Bluray dual-layer seems much more difficult to read than single-layer discs leading to a players lifespan of 2-3 years before the lens/laser gives up and refuses dual-layer, my PS2 dates from 2004 and still plays dvd perfectly 10 years on and has had heavy games/film use, so I only buy single layer Blu discs now, I fear we are near the end of physical media so companies have no interest in fixing the issue so once the players are gone stunning pq or not those dual-layer discs will just gather dust.

:shocked:

platostotal 26th June 2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

The above is not having a pop at people here going Bluray by the way, it's just my choice and giving Tele an answer to his query.

keirarts 26th June 2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 408595)
The above is not having a pop at people here going Bluray by the way, it's just my choice and giving Tele an answer to his query.

Not suggesting you were. Didn't actually know this fact!

I may keep a few PS3s handy. My 80gb has lasted YEARS in Rude health and was second hand when I bought it.

sjconstable 26th June 2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

I've been playing Blu-rays for 7 years with no problems, I think '2-3 years' is a massive exaggeration, and surely any kind of laser will fail at some point.