Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 2nd July 2014 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up from CEX earlier:

Rik 2nd July 2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 409406)

Saw that in the Halifax CEX yesterday, they seem to have a ton of Arrows in at the minute, including 3 copies of the People Under the Stairs, I thought I was the only Arrow collector in the Fax :lol:

Pete 2nd July 2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 409408)
Saw that in the Halifax CEX yesterday, they seem to have a ton of Arrows in at the minute, including 3 copies of the People Under the Stairs, I thought I was the only Arrow collector in the Fax :lol:

The three CEX stores down here have had loads of Arrow titles the last few months, mostly the white slip box editions. One had 10 copies of Caligula but they sold out very quickly! :tongue1:

monkeyscreams 2nd July 2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 409406)

I've watched this film last week for the first time and loved it. The use of splitscreens was very good, both technical and script-wise. A rather sureal ending was the icing on the cake!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 409372)
A very late delivery..... Cannibal Holocaust - 3 Disc Blu-ray set from Grindhouse Releasing :)

I've been tracking mine and it started off in Philadelphia, went to Indianapolis and is now back in Philadelphia! I really don't know what's going on.

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd July 2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 409431)
I've been tracking mine and it started off in Philadelphia, went to Indianapolis and is now back in Philadelphia! I really don't know what's going on.

Is it the yo-yo edition?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 409432)
Is it the yo-yo edition?

I hope not, as I want it to cross the Atlantic at some point and be pushed through my letterbox!

MrRange 3rd July 2014 08:00 AM

Do customs still confiscate copies of Cannibal Holocaust?

I remember when I first bought the film on DVD, which must have been 13/14 years ago now as I was in college at the time, the first copy I ordered (which cost a fortune) got confiscated by customs and I just got a letter informing me. I had to then spend even more to find a copy that was already in the UK.

VeZius 3rd July 2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 409483)
Do customs still confiscate copies of Cannibal Holocaust?

I remember when I first bought the film on DVD, which must have been 13/14 years ago now as I was in college at the time, the first copy I ordered (which cost a fortune) got confiscated by customs and I just got a letter informing me. I had to then spend even more to find a copy that was already in the UK.

Whaaat? That's insane, it's not like you ordered a sword or a gun. :crazy:

MrRange 3rd July 2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 409485)
Whaaat? That's insane, it's not like you ordered a sword or a gun. :crazy:

I know, it's the only time it has ever happened to me too and I've spent the last 15 years importing similar films.

I wasn't sure if I was really unlucky or if the UK just has a big problem with Cannibal Holocaust. I guess it has since been released over here, even if it was cut.