Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 5th July 2014 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got this of a friend who received it today and didn't like it, no loss then if i don't like it as well. anyone seen it, might watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

edit

forgot to post nemesis blu ray set which turned up today

nosferatu42 5th July 2014 09:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two new additions this week.

Attachment 138926 £5

Received this the other day from Bedorca, price included postage which i thought was really good. First time i've bought something from cult lab traders and won't be the last, arrived really quickly too.:)

Attachment 138927 £2 charity shop.

Love The Dark Crystal, still find the creature designs amazing now. Just watching one of the featurettes now,a making of that's about an hour long.:woot:

trebor8273 6th July 2014 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up today for £1. Actually never seen it before so tonight will be my first viewing.

monkeypedro 6th July 2014 06:55 PM

12 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries and purchases.

BAKA 7th July 2014 12:43 PM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5959ac03.jpg

One last week, one this week. This is the curse of the B&N sale month! I'm not able to spend much on anything else and it appears like a quiet period until the package of Criterion goodies arrives from B&N. What a good couple of weeks though. Been looking forward to the Alain Robbe-Grillet set, despite only being aware of him as the writer of Last Year At Marienbad (which I adored). It's nice to finally get my hands on the seemingly perpetually delayed BD release of The Killer Reserved Nine Seats from Camera Obscura. Only my third Camera Obscura release, but I think the one I've been looking forward to the most. It sounds very much like Stage Fright from Michele Soavi, which is right up my alley.

Nordicdusk 7th July 2014 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 139061

I know Prince of Darkness is on it's way on Blu Ray but I can't resist for €1.

dynel 7th July 2014 01:19 PM

I've seen some awesome purchases here the last week, and wanted to ask you all something: Do you immediately take off the plastic wrap after purchase/arrival, or do you guys only remove it until the viewing? Just to keep it fresh.

I've seen some shelves (especially the nice gallery BAKA has) where all movies still seem to be wrapped. So I was just curious.

Demoncrat 7th July 2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 409785)
got this of a friend who received it today and didn't like it, no loss then if i don't like it as well. anyone seen it, might watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

edit

forgot to post nemesis blu ray set which turned up today

I loved it (TGBH). Charming film.

Four Of The Apocalpyse & Hitchhike (BU dvds) (from bedorca)
The Hot Rod (Paramount UK dvd)
Simpsons Series 4 (Fox UK dvd)
Dead Snow (EOne UK dvd)
Remo Williams (MGM UK dvd)

Nordicdusk 7th July 2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynel (Post 409903)
I've seen some awesome purchases here the last week, and wanted to ask you all something: Do you immediately take off the plastic wrap after purchase/arrival, or do you guys only remove it until the viewing? Just to keep it fresh.

I've seen some shelves (especially the nice gallery BAKA has) where all movies still seem to be wrapped. So I was just curious.

I take off the plastic as soon as I get them I love to see if the disc has art and the smell of new :lol:

dynel 7th July 2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 409907)
I take off the plastic as soon as I get them I love to see if the disc has art and the smell of new :lol:

:lol: It's the smell of fresh discs & booklets that gets me up in the morning