Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 11th July 2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 410356)
Not sure about gift cards, I'm sure someone else on here will know.

I used my credit card and because my Amazon account is UK it converts it to GBP at the checkout. I'd guess that if yours did the same it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll try it next time lol

MrRange 11th July 2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 410354)
I ordered them from Amazon US. Only cost about £22 for the two delivered, and arrived in less than a week.

The only problem is that now I want to order Blue Underground's release of the original so I have the whole set, even though I have Arrow's release :crazy:

Actually I take that back, I got confused with another order I placed recently. I actually ordered these on Amazon.co.uk, through a seller called 'All Your Music'. They ship from the US though.

Bringer Of Funerals 11th July 2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 410358)
Actually I take that back, I got confused with another order I placed recently. I actually ordered these on Amazon.co.uk, through a seller called 'All Your Music'. They ship from the US though.

I order from ALL YOUR MUSIC all the time

dynel 11th July 2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 409946)
Personally because i don't have the buy rate of a lot of these guys, i unwrap as soon as i get em, i like to savour the inlay and also check out the PQ and extra's. If it's new and has that freshly pressed smell then that's extra cool.
I'm a bit of a sucker for smells, whether it's newly pressed books,i often do the smell test.:nod:
It all stems from childhood, i remember the smell of new stickers and strangely school swimming bags, in the 70's-80's i remember plastic swimming bags that had a really distinctive smell.
Probably just me though.:crazy:
Some of the people on here seem to put their film copys in protective wrappers, i understand but can't be arsed with all that stuff. as long as i can watch the film i'm not that bothered, i look after my discs, always put them back after a watch.
One of my mates get's all his discs mixed up, he'll watch something and while he watches put's the previous disc in the new case, and so on.When he tries to find something it's mixed up with everything else. I once spent a few hours going through all his discs and putting them in the right cases. Total nightmare, that kind of stuff i can live without.:nod:

:nod: Fully agree with you, I think that's the perfect way to enjoy it! Just keep it clean, savor the scent as long as it lasts :lol: and then keep it neatly stored and safe.

Personally I think if members of this forum got hired at a company that prints booklets we would be fired just as fast, because we would be seen as a bunch of sniffing pervs :dance:

Btw: I recently bought Day of the dead from the very helpful antmumford when it arrives i'll be sure to make a nice picture of it!

VeZius 11th July 2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 410358)

Thanks for the info. :)

demonknight 11th July 2014 02:56 PM

Picked up the new Robocop movie on Blu along with Land of the Dead on Blu and The Return of the King on Blu, all from the newly reopened HMV store ;)

wongfeihung62 11th July 2014 03:56 PM

My signed copy of the video nasties 2 , 3 disc set arrived today. Number 156.

keirarts 11th July 2014 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 410338)
Screamers Blu from Scorpion Releasing just arrived :)

Weird, so has mine. Not had a proper look yet but seems to be a different cut to my MYA release. Guess i'll keep both...

Wore this new buy to work today...

Attachment 139282

Captain Spaulding - Buck's Grab 'n Go - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th July 2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 410386)
Weird, so has mine. Not had a proper look yet but seems to be a different cut to my MYA release. Guess i'll keep both...

It is a different cut. It's the Corman US version with 12 mins extra in the opening sequence.

The Italian film is Island of the Fishmen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th July 2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 410210)
I hope it's better than that Charles Band / Stuart Gordon abomination.

I liked that! :lol: