Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th October 2010 07:59 AM

Recieved Lost Boys: The Thirst this morning. Lets hope It's better than The Tribe. Sad that we won't see Corey Haim if they do make a fourth. :(

Andra Jai 16th October 2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 108459)
Recieved Lost Boys: The Thirst this morning. Lets hope It's better than The Tribe. Sad that we won't see Corey Haim if they do make a fourth. :(

Unfortunately I found it worse than the tribe,

some of the acting (head vampire in particular) seemed awful, and I was bored waiting for something to happen. On top of that edgar frogg seems to have had a personally transplant with john rambo as every line he has is grunted in the same style.

to me, this is a series that should have stayed at 1 part

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th October 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 108461)
Unfortunately I found it worse than the tribe,

Really? It must be terrible then. The Tribe was bad.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th October 2010 08:43 AM

One thing I'm curious about. Someone has said that it's mentioned in The Thirst that Michael and Starr are alive? I thought they were dead and although it's not specifically mentioned (although their surname is Emerson), that the brother and sister were their children? :confused:

Andra Jai 16th October 2010 11:35 AM

it is mentioned that they are alive in the thirst as well as what happened to Sam, although it is really a throw away line, so you will need to watch out for it.

You may like the thirst, it's just my opinion that it was terrible, but saying that I found Hunt to Kill awful as well, so we may have a very different taste in films.

antmumford 16th October 2010 02:51 PM

Just picked me up MicMacs for £7 at HMV. That's my Jean Pierre Jeunet collection complete. Now need to get them all on Blu-ray ;)

pedromonkey 16th October 2010 03:21 PM

received these in the post today...

976-Evil
Knightriders

BioZombie 16th October 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 108533)
received these in the post today...

976-Evil
Knightriders

Knightriders is possibly my favourite film. If you've not seen it before I envy you.

I picked up a copy of the Ozsplitation film [b]Razorback[b] (Anchor Bay) from Forbidden Planet Newcastle for £3.99. Can't wait to watch it.

antmumford 16th October 2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 108549)
Knightriders is possibly my favourite film. If you've not seen it before I envy you.

I picked up a copy of the Ozsplitation film [b]Razorback[b] (Anchor Bay) from Forbidden Planet Newcastle for £3.99. Can't wait to watch it.

Razorback is awesome, has some fantastic cinematography. Easily my favourite Ozploitation.

pedromonkey 16th October 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 108549)

i have never seen it and i've just watched about 55 minutes of it and im enjoying it immensely , so different to what Romero is known for. Im Trying to get everyone of his films too, i think Seasons of The Witch, Martin and Monkeyshines are all i need now...