Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 26th July 2014 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got these today too, at 60p each couldn't resist.

keirarts 26th July 2014 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 140947

This had arrived when I got home....

Two rene cardona jnr films for A LOT less than bermuda triangle would cost alone.

£3.89 on marketplace and bare in mind the standalone BT is on there at £18.

:crazy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 412257)
Attachment 140947

This had arrived when I got home....

Two rene cardona jnr films for A LOT less than bermuda triangle would cost alone.

£3.89 on marketplace and bare in mind the standalone BT is on there at £18.

:crazy:

I'm really interested in this because of Cyclone.

Let us know the av quality of it when you've had a look please.

I've had the Synapse release on my wishlist for nigh on two years now and not got round to ordering it.

bdc 26th July 2014 10:41 PM

I wouldn't expect too much from VCI but who knows as they've released some great dvd's as well. ;)

keirarts 27th July 2014 12:36 AM

6 Attachment(s)
VCI have put out some great releases.

Blood and black lace is still the best DVD release, Bird with the crystal plumage looks amazing on blu-ray...

Heres a few grabs from VLC of cyclone

Attachment 140950 Attachment 140951

Attachment 140952 Attachment 140953

Attachment 140954 Attachment 140955

bdc 27th July 2014 02:56 AM

But VCI's Blood and Black Lace is far from the best dvd release.
Anolis released a much better dvd.

keirarts 27th July 2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 412267)
But VCI's Blood and Black Lace is far from the best dvd release.
Anolis released a much better dvd.

I actually got a look at the German release from a collector (who then offered to sell it me for £150.) The framing was admittedly better but I didn't think the quality was that much better. (Though bare in mind this was a few years back) Can't remember if it had the Tim lucas commentary or not, but a lot of the foreign releases that included it Tim never got paid for.

The two discer from VCI was overall better value for money imo.

bdc 27th July 2014 12:28 PM

The German release doesn't have the Tim Lucas commentary so that's a reason to get the VCI release I guess,VCI's first (non-anamorphic) dvd release actually looks better (except for the framing) than their later 2-disc edition imho. ;)

Blood and Black Lace Mario Bava

Anolis re-released Blood and Black Lace later at an affordable price,however this release differed in some ways (no English subs but English audio and loss of a lot of extras (most only German friendly anyway though):

OFDb - DVD: Anolis (Deutschland), Freigabe: ungeprüft von Blutige Seide (1964)

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 412280)
The German release doesn't have the Tim Lucas commentary so that's a reason to get the VCI release I guess,VCI's first (non-anamorphic) dvd release actually looks better than their later 2-disc edition imho. ;)

Blood and Black Lace Mario Bava

Anolis re-released Blood and Black Lace later at an affordable price,however this release differed in some ways (no English subs but English audio and loss of a lot of extras (most only German friendly anyway though):

OFDb - DVD: Anolis (Deutschland), Freigabe: ungeprüft von Blutige Seide (1964)

When i mentioned the VCI release of Blood and Black Lace, the single disc release was the one i meant (I didn't even know there was a two discer). I got mine in a 3 disc set with Kill Baby Kill! and The Whip and the Body.

It has the Lucas commentary, a music only track, a series of interviews and a Bava trailer reel.

bdc 27th July 2014 12:50 PM

Apparently the VCI Italian Giallo Collection box set repack has disc one of the VCI 2-discer. ;)