Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

VeZius 30th July 2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 412622)
Recent purchases. All Blu-Ray's, three of them Steelbooks.

Attachment 141228

Did you know the UK blu-ray of Face/Off is censored? :(

I got it recently too, but then realized it was cut version, so I haven't even unwrapped it. So if anyone wants it, I can offer it for free. :p

keirarts 31st July 2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 412289)
The original Anolis release is definitely the best available option of the film on DVD, although it is too damn expensive!

Interestingly Tim Lucas has been commenting on Blood and black lace and has given a rundown on the german/us vci release....

"The German disc came from a 35mm IB Technicolor print - gorgeous quality, but it was censored and missing the murder scenes, so the company worked out a deal with VCI and were able to use seamless branching to incorporate the murder scenes from their print. Then VCI, in turn, was able to access the German master for their subsequent release, which was an improvement in quality."

So the 2-disc release sounds to be from the same source. Explains why I had difficulty noticing any significant differences.
Given the price difference then and the bonus features it seems the 2-disc VCI release is the way to go until a blu ray is released.

ArgentoFan1987 31st July 2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 412647)
Did you know the UK blu-ray of Face/Off is censored? :(

I got it recently too, but then realized it was cut version, so I haven't even unwrapped it. So if anyone wants it, I can offer it for free. :p

Really? By how much?

ArgentoFan1987 31st July 2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 412642)
Day one of my trip to Dublin picked these up.

Attachment 141278

Only three days to go. Feels good to be able to pick shameless titles off the shelf got very excited when I seen them. I gotta try keep money for some CDs aswell. I don't need to eat for the next three days do I :lol:

Just in case you've never seen it, a Baise-Moi is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen.

keirarts 31st July 2014 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 412706)
Just in case you've never seen it, a Baise-Moi is probably one of the worst films I've ever seen.

So you missed out on hellgate then? ;)

Attachment 141335 Attachment 141336

These two can be had for around a tenner each on marketplace.

keirarts 31st July 2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 412705)
Really? By how much?

Face off is cut. Not by much but its the scene where Travolta takes out a butterfly knife and twirls it about. This scene would make it in today as its a hangover from that idiot James Ferman and his idea that us 'po folk' might see it and imitate it because were not middle class and educated enough.

Blame the distributor for not being bothered enough to resubmit.

sjconstable 31st July 2014 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest arrival:

VeZius 31st July 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 412705)
Really? By how much?

Not a lot in length sense, but a lot in err... iconic-bit-wise? :p

From DVDcompare.net:

cut by 0:07 the BBFC.
"To obtain this category cuts of 0m 7s were required" (John Travolta with the butterfly knife).

Edit: Oh didn't notice keirarts already replied. :)

VeZius 31st July 2014 02:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Super haul today.

First is Discshop.fi

Second is Amazon US / Amazon CA

Third is Amazon UK - no slipcase for Sons of Anarchy S5 :( and Fargo came without wrapping and the case is dirty like it was kicked around on a dirty warehouse floor! Time to bother some poor Amazon customer service worker.

Nordicdusk 31st July 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 412706)

Is it that bad?