Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Recent purchases! All Blu-Ray's.

***not seen

Attachment 141985*** (includes DVD)

Attachment 141986***

Attachment 141987***
If you havent seen any of these then get them watched. I love all three films.

King of new york is one of abel Ferrarers best films, certainly up there with ms.45 and Bad lieutenant for me.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 8th August 2014, 08:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If you havent seen any of these then get them watched. I love all three films.
I agree on two of them, but didn't think much of You're Next. Over-hyped and no way near as fresh or original as touted around the web.

Quote:
King of new york is one of abel Ferrarers best films, certainly up there with ms.45 and Bad lieutenant for me.
I'll echo this.
Old 8th August 2014, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Picked up the Re-Animator Steelbook, and I'm really looking forward to watching it, it's been far too long, tempted to let my daughter have a peek after I caught her watching Evil Dead the other day, God bless her twelve year old heart.

I also bought Arrow's Slaughter High, which I'm kind of meh about, never liked it much in the 80s, but it was cheap enough. I also found the Synergy copy of The Exterminator in a charity shop for 25p, I own the Arrow Bluray, but I can't leave a film like The Exterminator languishing in a charity shop, regardless of the DVD quality.
Old 8th August 2014, 10:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This weeks deliveries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_002.jpg (98.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_001.jpg (98.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_005.jpg (97.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_003.jpg (96.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_004.jpg (96.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140808_006.jpg (97.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th August 2014, 11:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I agree on two of them, but didn't think much of You're Next. Over-hyped and no way near as fresh or original as touted around the web.

Agree to disagree on that, I've watched the film four or five times so far and still enjoy it. While I enjoy the purge I thought YN was the better film that year.
Old 9th August 2014, 07:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Picked up the Re-Animator Steelbook, and I'm really looking forward to watching it, it's been far too long, tempted to let my daughter have a peek after I caught her watching Evil Dead the other day, God bless her twelve year old heart.

I also bought Arrow's Slaughter High, which I'm kind of meh about, never liked it much in the 80s, but it was cheap enough. I also found the Synergy copy of The Exterminator in a charity shop for 25p, I own the Arrow Bluray, but I can't leave a film like The Exterminator languishing in a charity shop, regardless of the DVD quality.
I loved Slaughrer High! There's just something about it I love! It's one of my favourite 80's slasher!
Old 9th August 2014, 08:33 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Got the German blu-ray of Slither today. Yes Koch Media, telling me it's from the director of Guardians Of The Galaxy would definitely get me to buy it (he says sarcastically).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407573148.920784.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407573165.040636.jpg
Old 9th August 2014, 09:43 AM
Cultist

Now 15% discount on everything at the new eureka website. Only this weekend afaik.
Old 9th August 2014, 09:54 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Agree to disagree on that, I've watched the film four or five times so far and still enjoy it. While I enjoy the purge I thought YN was the better film that year.
I have yet to see The Purge or its sequel, but just didn't connect with You're Next. The characters were unlikeable, to the extent where I couldn't care less whether any of them lived or died - in fact most of them I wanted to exit stage right as soon as possible - and the plot twist came as no surprise, or perhaps I'd just given up caring by then anyway... I quite liked the gimmicky animal masks but that was about it.

I haven't seen too many of the horror offerings from 2013 (I'd rather curl up with some '70s/'80s schlock or a '60s gothic curio from my ridiculously large watch list where horror is concerned, than invest my time in some of these modern conveyor belt monstrosities), but I did prefer You're Next to the terrible and yawn inspiring The Conjuring and Mama, plus the annoyingly pointless Evil Dead remake/reboot/rehash. Oh, and Ghost Shark too, but that can be forgiven slightly in as much as it wasn't meant to be good in the first place and fully understands this.

However, looking at my 2013 ratings, I did enjoy Frankenstein's Army, Home Sweet Home, and VHS 2 more than You're Next... take from this what you will!
Old 9th August 2014, 10:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I have yet to see The Purge or its sequel, but just didn't connect with You're Next. The characters were unlikeable, to the extent where I couldn't care less whether any of them lived or died - in fact most of them I wanted to exit stage right as soon as possible - and the plot twist came as no surprise, or perhaps I'd just given up caring by then anyway... I quite liked the gimmicky animal masks but that was about it.

I haven't seen too many of the horror offerings from 2013 (I'd rather curl up with some '70s/'80s schlock or a '60s gothic curio from my ridiculously large watch list where horror is concerned, than invest my time in some of these modern conveyor belt monstrosities), but I did prefer You're Next to the terrible and yawn inspiring The Conjuring and Mama, plus the annoyingly pointless Evil Dead remake/reboot/rehash. Oh, and Ghost Shark too, but that can be forgiven slightly in as much as it wasn't meant to be good in the first place and fully understands this.

However, looking at my 2013 ratings, I did enjoy Frankenstein's Army, Home Sweet Home, and VHS 2 more than You're Next... take from this what you will!
Nicely put Mr B.E. well written etc,can i just add that I thought You're Next sucked also,not a patch on Al Adamson. christ I spelt You're Next wrong,got there before the spellin nazi arrived.

Like this? Share it using the links below!