Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 04:02 PM

Nice on Pmonkey :D

Today I bought Nightmare In A Damaged Brain, Maniac, Run Bitch Run, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109390)
Nice on Pmonkey :D

Today I bought Nightmare In A Damaged Brain, Maniac, Run Bitch Run, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Run Bitch Run was great fun, New Nightmare is clever film, not seen Damaged Brain and Maniac was a bit of a let down, however All The Boys love Mandy Lane is one of the worst films i have ever seen, absolute garbage, hope you didn't pay much for it dude...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109467)
Run Bitch Run was great fun, New Nightmare is clever film, not seen Damaged Brain and Maniac was a bit of a let down, however All The Boys love Mandy Lane is one of the worst films i have ever seen, absolute garbage, hope you didn't pay much for it dude...

I had it free technically, it's 3 for £10 or £5 each on cardiff market. :D I watched it earlier, it was pretty rubbish, plus the DVD was faulty and the last half hour didn't play properly. Damaged Brain was only a pound too, it looks pretty good, I had it in the video nasties boxset but I wanted it in it's own case.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 09:58 PM

good good, never baught any dvds from cardiff market, their prices seem a bit too high for pre-owned dvds. There's a shop by me that sells loads of dvds which is where i get a lot of mine, next time i pop into town i'll have a browse...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109470)
good good, never baught any dvds from cardiff market, their prices seem a bit too high for pre-owned dvds. There's a shop by me that sells loads of dvds which is where i get a lot of mine, next time i pop into town i'll have a browse...

There isn't much there horror wise anymore, I've bought everything I wanted off him except maybe Shivers and Rabid.
Which shop is that by you mate? I buy quite alot from my local cash gen.

mbv 22nd October 2010 10:11 PM

Picked up the amazing Back to the future bluray trilogy collectors tin edition for the missus' birthday. She's still drooling over it.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 10:12 PM

it's called D'vynal Records and he does 3 for a tenner at the moment, he has an entire section for horror but you have to look hard for some decent stuff, the guy who owns it keeps a lot of stuff aside for me to browse when i pop in. The Cash gen by me sucks, the dvds they stock are all crap and only now and then will i find anything of any merrit, the good thing for me is that i work for blockbuster so kind of get first dibs on a lot of our trade titles. Ive picked up alot of bargains there...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109474)
it's called D'vynal Records and he does 3 for a tenner at the moment, he has an entire section for horror but you have to look hard for some decent stuff, the guy who owns it keeps a lot of stuff aside for me to browse when i pop in. The Cash gen by me sucks, the dvds they stock are all crap and only now and then will i find anything of any merrit, the good thing for me is that i work for blockbuster so kind of get first dibs on a lot of our trade titles. Ive picked up alot of bargains there...

Oh I know where that is, in Cathays?
My cash gen get some good stuff every now and again. That's cool about blockbusters, I'd love to live in a blockbusters or HMV or something.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2010 10:02 AM

Some might consider this a horror film, just ordered the Italian special edition dvd of Hudson Hawk starring Bruce Willis (prefered the artwork to the region 1 disc). I think it's safe to say that the film could also go on my guilty pleasures list. :nod:

pedromonkey 23rd October 2010 11:06 AM

Hudson Hawk, Bruce Willis's Ego on screen, enjoyable enough film though...