Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st August 2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 414990)
Any of you clever peope know much about bitrate and how it affects pic quality?

Generally, a high bitrate indicates a better picture than a low bitrate, but that doesn't take into account things like colour/contrast balancing, DNR and things like that.

J Harker 21st August 2014 08:46 PM

The VCI blu of White Zombie was initially encoded with a bitrate of about 10Mbps when it should have been 35 and is on the corrected discs. While the lower bitrate actually looks pretty good j can't help wondering what I'm missing out on.
That said I've never seen the film anyway so I can't compare it any of the dvd versions out there?

JAMIOUSE 21st August 2014 09:08 PM

Recently I have bought -
Resident Evil Collection
House of Voices / Saint Ange
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Misery
Psycho / The Birds
Dirty Rotten SCoundrels
Jewel / Romancing / War of the Roses

Gotta love Amazons three blus for £17

Nordicdusk 21st August 2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 414995)
The VCI blu of White Zombie was initially encoded with a bitrate of about 10Mbps when it should have been 35 and is on the corrected discs. While the lower bitrate actually looks pretty good j can't help wondering what I'm missing out on.
That said I've never seen the film anyway so I can't compare it any of the dvd versions out there?

If you can see the picture than its better than the dvd :lol:

J Harker 21st August 2014 10:53 PM

Well given I've got the first print with the low bit rate Nord I think it looks purty good, so I'd recommend it if you're a fan (which I know you are).
If bastard crapatalk worked I'd put some pictures up.

Nordicdusk 22nd August 2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 415021)
Well given I've got the first print with the low bit rate Nord I think it looks purty good, so I'd recommend it if you're a fan (which I know you are).
If bastard crapatalk worked I'd put some pictures up.

I have done some research and the Kino release seems to be the better of the two so i might go with that one. I hope the faults with the disc are not goning to ruin your first viewing of the film.

keirarts 22nd August 2014 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 143022

Craptastic! :lol::pop2:

Rik 22nd August 2014 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These just arrived :woot:

The Hands of the Ripper BD is up for sale/trade because I accidentally ordered two copies by mistake

Attachment 143023

Nordicdusk 22nd August 2014 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 143025

One lunch time pick up.

platostotal 22nd August 2014 02:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lunch at CEX, Public Enemy was only 75p:)