Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 27th August 2014 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's arrivals:

Rik 27th August 2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 415565)
Today's arrivals:

Which edition of the Church is that Pete?
I've got the Anchor Bay version from years ago, (before BU put out the same disc) and it looks fine to me, but if there's a better version out there.....

Edit: never mind, looks like the Italian edition to me, with the Italian only DTS track :nod:

Pete 27th August 2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 415566)
Which edition of the Church is that Pete?
I've got the Anchor Bay version from years ago, (before BU put out the same disc) and it looks fine to me, but if there's a better version out there.....

It's the Italian release. The transfer looks the same same to me and, like the US editions, there's no real extras either. I'm really hoping someone puts it out on blu ray but this will do until then.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th August 2014 02:50 PM

I've just ordered the special edition of Withnail and I, choosing the first design and the quote "The joint I’m about to roll requires a craftsman. It can utilise up to twelve skins. It is called the Camberwell Carrot."

I also received Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life from Amazon.

trebor8273 27th August 2014 04:36 PM

11 Attachment(s)
picked these uptoday. all blind buys

Demoncrat 27th August 2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 415579)
picked these uptoday. all blind buys

Where exactly did you "pick up" Frozen Scream treb?? :eek:

Regardless youll have fun with all of them, DGNTPark is quite an odd film imo.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th August 2014 04:46 PM

Some fine pick-ups there, trebor. :nod:

Don't Go in the House and Fight for Your Life are scuzzy favs of mine.

trebor8273 27th August 2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 415581)
Where exactly did you "pick up" Frozen Scream treb?? :eek:

Regardless youll have fun with all of them, DGNTPark is quite an odd film imo.

That was in a charity shop for £2 along with the anime stuff the rest I picked up from the guy I usual get my stuff from. Never heard of a lot of the stuff I picked up, if I see VHS which I like the look I now I will picked it up as got one of those VHS converters. So it's converting now so will probably watch it later this week. Do everybody else part from everyone here most people will think I have bought a load of old shite, well that's what the people I was with thought!

Edit
I really should stop going to theses charity shops and markets I always seem to find something to my ever increasing to watch pile, at the point were I need a tardis to store everything

Demoncrat 27th August 2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 415583)
That was in a charity shop for £2 along with the anime stuff the rest I picked up from the guy I usual get my stuff from. Never heard of a lot of the stuff I picked up, if I see VHS which I like the look I know I will picked it up as got one of those VHS converters. So it's converting now so will probably watch it later this week

A CHARITY SHOP??

Kudos....:clap:

It's bloody awful btw imo, but at least you'll see why we go on & on about the stupidity of censorship cough...

trebor8273 27th August 2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 415584)
A CHARITY SHOP??

Kudos....:clap:

It's bloody awful btw imo, but at least you'll see why we go on & on about the stupidity of censorship cough...

Take its another so called video nasty that really had no reason to be banned just like the werewolf vs the yeti which I watched last night and still scratching my head why it was banned.