Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 16th September 2014 09:34 PM

Cracking purchases Reaps! Loads of great stuff there

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th September 2014 09:43 PM

Excellent selection of BDs, Reaps.

unrealbe 16th September 2014 10:21 PM

This:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2014 10:25 PM

Far too big a picture, please can you post a smaller one? :)

Susan Foreman 17th September 2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealbe (Post 417909)
This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 417912)
Far too big a picture, please can you post a smaller one? :)

ANY picture would be nice!

Or maybe a bit of text, saying what has been purchased

A clue would come in handy!!!!

Demoncrat 17th September 2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 417646)
Can you report on the picture quality of these films when you've had a watch please Demoncrat? :)

Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome (1947, John Rawlins) Starring Ralph Byrd and Boris Karloff. . As to the PQ, and this is based on a showing on a plasma tv, a smidge speckly at the very beginning, and is a tad soft in places, as with most 23rd Cent releases I'd say it's a port of the official(?) release but haven't seen that so can't really comment.....Film itself a total hoot, what with people rushing around, "homocide" (that's how they pronounce it!!), and the hero being fooled by someone turning off the lights :doh:at one point, will try and watch the 2nd Byrd film tonight!! ("Dick Tracy's Dilemma", also JR 1947!)

Followed this with Sherlock Holmes Faces Death (1943, Roy William Neil)

From the Optimum box set, the print was nice and clean looking (borrowed this from mate....prised from his cold dead hands more like cough...AAAnyhow....quite a creepy wee story really, based on The Musgrave Ritual, had the slightest whiff of Lovecraft at the beginning, but this dissipated into a more standard SH adventure, what with the sleuth pulling his usual:eek: stunts to achieve his aims. Ends with the most amazing speech since The Great Dictator!!:nod: Recommended.

Ended the night with Buried Alive (1990, Gerard Kikione)
Ostensibly based on an Edgar Allan Poe story but brought to you by Harry Allen Towers, this rather quaint:laugh: film has some "shock" sequences, a hackneyed plot, and Donald Pleasance in a wig. I loved it....but felt that Jess could have made more of the material at hand. P Mueller & Lina in the pivotal roles ahem and a bit more sleaze. Ho hum.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 417939)
ANY picture would be nice!

Or maybe a bit of text, saying what has been purchased

A clue would come in handy!!!!

I removed the original as it was huuuuge.

Obviously the OP hasn't bothered to repost.

Demoncrat 17th September 2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 417842)
Too bad they don't ship outside UK. Guess I'll have to get mine from pricey Amazon before they run out.

Edit: Oh Zavvi has it for £15.99 that's more reasonable.

Edit 2: Nevermind.... Zavvi's postage randomizer decided that this product has shipping cost of £7.99 :rolleyes:

Really don't get it, why on some products they have free shipping and on others it's got that crazy shipping cost!

Might be coming from US then.....

VeZius 17th September 2014 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 417955)
Might be coming from US then.....

Why would they? :confused:

Got my first Roger Corman Cult Classics blu-ray today. :cool:

Sobral 17th September 2014 02:36 PM

http://s21.postimg.org/dw7ywxeaf/Fotografia0774.jpg