Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 17th September 2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 418045)
It's been delayed until Nov 17th.

Has it, oh well, frees up some cash for other stuff :nod:

dustdevil 17th September 2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 418036)
Still waiting on my Phenomena and Inferno steelies, they were only dispatched this afternoon, useless Zavvi strikes again!

Mine actually turned up today !!:clap:

dustdevil 17th September 2014 09:14 PM

11 Attachment(s)
Bit of a mixture. German dvd steelbooks for Nikita,Escape From New York and Aeon Flux because they were cheap (around £5 each) and Legend of Billie Jean blu was only £3,the rest just because :)

Attachment 144889Attachment 144890
Attachment 144891Attachment 144892
Attachment 144893Attachment 144894
Attachment 144895Attachment 144896
Attachment 144897Attachment 144898
Attachment 144899

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:22 PM

I love that the German title for Escape from New York translates as 'Rattle Snake' :)

I've never even heard of Under the Scares... looks like a real cheese-fest!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 418004)
Arrived today:

I'm being a tight bugger and aim to pick up Catacombs and others from Network's December sale. :o

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 418068)
I'm being a tight bugger and aim to pick up Catacombs and others from Network's December sale. :o

I was thinking about doing that too, but it was only about £7 on Amazon pre-order at the time so I decided to go for it (along with Baby Love and Nightcomers). Unfortunately, due to it being under the £10 free postage threshold, Amazon withheld shipping it on the day of release and instead combined delivery with The Shout which was released this week.

dustdevil 17th September 2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 418067)
I love that the German title for Escape from New York translates as 'Rattle Snake' :)

I've never even heard of Under the Scares... looks like a real cheese-fest!

Under The Scares is actually a documentary about making a low budget horror film and its pitfalls with lots of interviews with people in the business such as Romero,HG Lewis,Henenlotter and the perhaps lesser known Debbie Rochon,Suzi Lorraine and Tony Timpone to name a few.

Found it both interesting and entertaining

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 418072)
I was thinking about doing that too, but it was only about £7 on Amazon pre-order at the time so I decided to go for it (along with Baby Love and Nightcomers). Unfortunately, due to it being under the £10 free postage threshold, Amazon withheld shipping it on the day of release and instead combined delivery with The Shout which was released this week.

I'm surprised you didn't order it direct from Network.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustdevil (Post 418078)
Under The Scares is actually a documentary about making a low budget horror film and its pitfalls with lots of interviews with people in the business such as Romero,HG Lewis,Henenlotter and the perhaps lesser known Debbie Rochon,Suzi Lorraine and Tony Timpone to name a few.

Found it both interesting and entertaining

Sounds interesting. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 418079)
I'm surprised you didn't order it direct from Network.

I should really, it's just that because they don't have an option for a pre-order, I have to wait until release to buy and also with not knowing what the price will be beforehand I've usually already locked in a cheap pre-order at Amazon just in case. They do have good prices on their site though - much better than the majority of British self-distributing cult labels.