Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2014 05:44 PM

I've just ordered The Girl Who Knew Too Much from Zavvi for £13.99 and Rabid Dogs/Kidnapped from Arrow for £0.99, redeeming most of my reward points to bring the price down by £13.

I also received Night of the Comet today which, because of the three commentary tracks, I'll watch several times over the next week or so.

Demoncrat 25th September 2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 419016)
I've just ordered The Girl Who Knew Too Much from Zavvi for £13.99 and Rabid Dogs/Kidnapped from Arrow for £0.99, redeeming most of my reward points to bring the price down by £13.

I also received Night of the Comet today which, because of the three commentary tracks, I'll watch several times over the next week or so.

Was shifting some stuff and found a bag of VHS including NOTC, ah that cover etc.;)

trebor8273 25th September 2014 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought this for 50p from cash converters. Not seen before but at 50p worth a shot.

keirarts 25th September 2014 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 145296

11.99, zaavi exclusive only want to see it for Sharlto Copley really, and Thomas Kretschmann, of course. Apparantly ltd to 1000 copies.

anythinggoes78 25th September 2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 419021)
Bought this for 50p from cash converters. Not seen before but at 50p worth a shot.

The ledge walk always makes me dizzy, decent film can also recommend Secret Garden too if you have not see that.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th September 2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 419021)

I was expecting so much and loathed it when i sat down to watch it. I'll be interested to see what you think Trebor, especially as A-Goes quite likes it.

As a disclaimer to my poor taste in modern supernatural films, the only ones i've actually liked are The Abandoned, The Innkeepers and Fragile.... so i'm not really the one for advice on this subject. :happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th September 2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 419032)
I was expecting so much and loathed it when i sat down to watch it. I'll be interested to see what you think Trebor, especially as A-Goes quite likes it.

I also quite enjoyed 1408. :nod:

I know how raised expectations can sometimes ruin a film though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 419032)
As a disclaimer to my poor taste in modern supernatural films, the only ones i've actually liked are The Abandoned, The Innkeepers and Fragile.... so i'm not really the one for advice on this subject. :happy:

Indeed :tongue1:

Incidentally, I watched The Innkeepers recently, and thought it was absolute garbage.

Read my in depth critique here.

Is The Abandoned the Nacho Cerda film? If so, I found it to be okay but nothing special.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th September 2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 419036)
Incidentally, I watched The Innkeepers recently, and thought it was absolute garbage.

But, but, but...it's Ti West. :shocked:

That's some review by the way. ;)

Vipp 25th September 2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 419040)

HAHAHAHAHA! I enjoy reading reviews and a few of the CL members have excellent write ups so i expected something special when i clicked the link provided! Yet again i need to stop drinking tea when reading this forum.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th September 2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 419040)

I'd rather watch an Al Adamson marathon than The Innkeepers again. ;)