Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th September 2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 419078)
Considering the price of the set and the time they have had to make sure everything is perfect prior to it being made available, those errors are inexcusable.

I know we'll be stuffed by a returns programme (if there is one) because we don't live in the States, but they should hear from each and every one of their dissatisfied customers.

Arrow managed to send replacement discs to other countries, even for people who bought from Amazon. Anchor Bay & Scream will be told about this and how it'll hurt their sales (and reputation) if they only replace US customers discs. Again, this is if there's a replacement program. I think there will be. After Shout Factory's Bruce Lee boxset debacle, they can't afford to ignore it. I do have a feeling though, that international customers will be shafted, or expected to send the boxset back to Amazon in the US (i won't be doing that).

Susan Foreman 26th September 2014 10:48 AM

Just got one thing this week - Tod Browning's "Freaks" from a charity shop for £1:50

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th September 2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 419082)
Arrow managed to send replacement discs to other countries, even for people who bought from Amazon. Anchor Bay & Scream will be told about this and how it'll hurt their sales (and reputation) if they only replace US customers discs. Again, this is if there's a replacement program. I think there will be. After Shout Factory's Bruce Lee boxset debacle, they can't afford to ignore it. I do have a feeling though, that international customers will be shafted, or expected to send the boxset back to Amazon in the US (i won't be doing that).

I completely agree with you, but I was really pissed off when Universal wouldn't extend the replacement program for Halloween II (due to the credits without Moustapha Akkad's name) to international customers.

If I'll be stuck with a faulty disc of Halloween IV (amongst others), I'll also raise a stink on Facebook.

Jani 26th September 2014 01:11 PM

Here's some of the Blu's I've received/ordered lately...
300: Rise of an Empire 3D (FI); Godzilla 3D (FI); The Complete Dr. Phibes Box Set (UK; Limited); American Mary (US); Big Bad Wolves (US); The Blob (1988) (US; Limited); Nightmare (US; Limited); Nightbreed (US; Limited); Bloodsucking Freaks (UK); The Toxic Avenger (US); Bloody Moon (US); Love Letters of a Portuguese Nun (DE); Greta, the Mad Butcher (DE); The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day Dir. Cut (US); The Brood (UK) (AU); Scanners (UK) (US); Cabin Fever: Patient Zero (US); Cannibal Holocaust (US; Limited); Christine (FI); The Conjuring (FI); Possession (UK) (US; Limited); Stone Cold (AT; Limited); Cosmopolis (FI); Crawlspace (US); Pumpkinhead (US); Ravenous (US); The Doctor And the Devils (US); Dolls (US); The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (US; 40th Anniversary); Crying Freeman (FR; Limited); Crystal Lake Memories (US); Curtains (US); Prom Night (US); The Demons (US); Deranged (UK); The Descent (UK; SteelBook); Witching & Bitching (FI); Don't Open Till Christmas (AT; 30th Anniversary); Evilspeak (US); Frankenstein's Army (US); Frightmare (US); Re-Animator (DE; Limited) (UK; SteelBook); Bride of Re-Animator (DE; Limited); Hardware (AU).......

Jani 26th September 2014 01:48 PM

StageFright (UK; Limited) (US); Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (US); Here Comes the Devil (US); The Pete Walker Collection Box Set (US); The House on Straw Hill (US); Killers (2014) (UK); The Legend of Hell House (US); Sleepaway Camp (US); Silent Night, Deadly Night (US; 30th Anniversary); The Dead 2 (US); The Raid 2 (FI); Lesson of Evil (UK); Shivers (UK; SteelBook); Guilty of Romance (US); Planet of the Vampires (US); Werewolf Woman (US); Maniac (2012) (FR; Steelbook) (FI); The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (FR); Shock Waves (US); Mark of the Devil (UK); Tales from the Crypt / Vault of Horror (US); Lord of Illusions (US); V/H/S 2 (FI); Wolf Creek 2 (US); Razorback (AU); Raze (AT; Limited); The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (UK; Limited); The Seasoning House (DE; Limited).

demonknight 26th September 2014 02:39 PM

Night of the Comet Blu-ray/DVD combo from Arrow arrived today :)

PaulD 26th September 2014 03:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Recent purchases: Attachment 145301Attachment 145302Attachment 145303Attachment 145304Attachment 145305

Vipp 26th September 2014 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a modest amount from the Arrow sale (9.98) and a charity shop pick up - not sure if it's any good but found U-571 for 99p

Also truned the cover on DGITH as i prefer the german side.

shel 26th September 2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 419127)
Also truned the cover on DGITH as i prefer the german side.

I did exactly the same too, I used to have the UK VHS and that cover art had as little to do with the movie as the German does

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~andyp/covd9.jpg

Val Kilmer in a dress!

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th September 2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 419127)
not sure if it's any good but found U-571 for 99p

I quite like U-571. It's a pulpy war movie not art like The Thin Red Line.

I saw it on holiday in California along with MI-2. Much preferred it to the Woo / Cruise effort.