All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151382Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2014, 10:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I thought that the name on the sticker was that of the sales assistant who priced it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It is, I know the staff at the Halifax branch by name, so I know who's priced stuff up by the stickers on them

Looks like there's just one guy pricing up stuff there then.

Old 28th September 2014, 11:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Anchor Bay are trying to say it's not their fault (which is total bs), and won't be doing a replacement program, but everyone is up in arms, so I'd say they'll have to do something eventually.
Sadly if they were a UK company and this was a Uk release you would have statutory rights in this matter under the sale of goods act 1979 for either a replacement/repair/refund. Anyone who paid via paypal/credit card might have an avenue for seeking a refund.
Old 28th September 2014, 11:04 AM
Cult Addict

BTW. Anyone else having a problem with the manage attachments function? I keep trying to upload pictures of my purchases and its not recognising the jpegs. It's not the files because i've tried the files i've already uploaded here and their not working either.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
BTW. Anyone else having a problem with the manage attachments function? I keep trying to upload pictures of my purchases and its not recognising the jpegs. It's not the files because i've tried the files i've already uploaded here and their not working either.
I was unable to upload pictures from my iPhone when I 'upgraded' to ios8, is that what you're on about? I think it should be sorted now with the latest .2 update but haven't tried it yet.
Old 28th September 2014, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well my graphics card turned up today and a nice bonus got download codes for dead rising 3 and alien isolation.
Old 28th September 2014, 01:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Problems everywhere it would seem.
Old 28th September 2014, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Okay I've checked the Halloween set in my other player, it was almost flawless in the pioneer but the sync issues show up worse in the second player.

I have been in touch with Amazon Canada who have advised that I can return this to them and they will refund not only my return postage costs but also the VAT of £25 I had to pay to HMRC as I had this sent to my regular address.

Thinking about this, I will probably take them up on this offer as it means I get to walk away from this without any loss (apart from waiting for the refunds) and the box set is certainly not all it could have been and I had enough of this kind of messing about with the Bruce Lee set.

Amazons customer service is exceptional though, I expected to get the return postage covered but also the VAT charges, that was a bonus.
Old 28th September 2014, 03:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
I was unable to upload pictures from my iPhone when I 'upgraded' to ios8, is that what you're on about? I think it should be sorted now with the latest .2 update but haven't tried it yet.
I don't use apple.. No I'm using the same tower PC I always use. I'm clicking on attachments and nada, nothing. It Just says "This is not a valid image file" well I was using some of these files on here until recently and they were valid until this morning...
Old 28th September 2014, 03:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I don't use apple.. No I'm using the same tower PC I always use. I'm clicking on attachments and nada, nothing. It Just says "This is not a valid image file" well I was using some of these files on here until recently and they were valid until this morning...
Same with me.

It's a right balls up.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th September 2014, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict

It's definitely the site, have been posting the images elsewhere with no problems...

Like this? Share it using the links below!