Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

VeZius 8th October 2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 420515)
Attachment 146000

Sure what's one more edition of each film to as to the collection. I could not pass these up.

I'm not familiar with that Night of the Living Dead edition, but the Ultimate Edition for Dawn of the Dead is essential for any collection. :nod:

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 420516)
I'm not familiar with that Night of the Living Dead edition, but the Ultimate Edition for Dawn of the Dead is essential for any collection. :nod:

I just took a chance on the NOTLD because it came with the soundtrack.

platostotal 8th October 2014 04:48 PM

Haven't sat down and watched this in quite awhile, saw this jewel case job in Oxfam for 99p, seems like mint(not bad for a 15 year old dvd) even has the booklet.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2iuuz2p.jpg

keirarts 8th October 2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 420515)
Attachment 146000

Sure what's one more edition of each film to as to the collection. I could not pass these up.

If that's the re-edited release of NOTLD with the added footage then beware. It's like someone took everyone's favourite film and stuck their dick in it. I hate to be crude but the film has literally been f*****. The added scenes DO NOT WORK and frankly make me want to punch the people involved in the spleen.
:mmph:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th October 2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 420525)
If that's the re-edited release of NOTLD with the added footage then beware. It's like someone took everyone's favourite film and stuck their dick in it. I hate to be crude but the film has literally been f*****. The added scenes DO NOT WORK and frankly make me want to punch the people involved in the spleen.

I bought that version just over 13 years ago and have probably watched it twice. The new material ruins a masterpiece of horror.

keirarts 8th October 2014 05:21 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Attachment 146001 Attachment 146002

Attachment 146003 Attachment 146004

Attachment 146005 Attachment 146006

Attachment 146007 Attachment 146008

Attachment 146009

Spent a bit...

Buboven 8th October 2014 05:23 PM

The only purchase I have acquired at the mo is the Shivers steelbook.

Quality over quantity I say though! If I had a bit more money at the mo I would probably buy the current The Cabinet of Caligari and Metropolis Euraka Blu-Ray releases

Anyone else read about Kino doing a 4K restoration of Caligari?

Susan Foreman 8th October 2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 420525)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 420526)
I bought that version just over 13 years ago and have probably watched it twice. The new material ruins a masterpiece of horror.

I got it in the Anchor Bay 'Trilogy Of The Dead' box set

I watched it with Chloe, and she punched me in the throat!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th October 2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 420531)

I like her passion!

Susan Foreman 8th October 2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 420531)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 420532)
I like her passion!

I like her [censored by MODS]