Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 05:57 PM

I just checked NOTLD wow im pissed off now i tells you. Is it worth it for the soundtrack alone ?:pray:

VeZius 8th October 2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 420540)
I just checked NOTLD wow im pissed off now i tells you. Is it worth it for the soundtrack alone ?:pray:

Soundtracks are the best extras. In my imaginary perfect world, every collector's edition would have a soundtrack included.

Just hope you didn't pay too much for it. :D

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 420551)
Soundtracks are the best extras. In my imaginary perfect world, every collector's edition would have a soundtrack included.

Just hope you didn't pay too much for it. :D

I paid €10 which included postage.

shel 8th October 2014 06:15 PM

I feel the same way about Russo's re-done NOTLD edition as I do about a certain special editions of a saga in a galaxy far, far away.

None of which get watched.

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 420553)
I feel the same way about Russo's re-done NOTLD edition as I do about a certain special editions of a saga in a galaxy far, far away.

None of which get watched.

I have only scanned through it and i will NEVER sit through the whole version of this film.

Linbro 8th October 2014 07:42 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what was done to NOTLD? And why?

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 420573)

From what i can gather from what i saw earlier the extra 15 minutes of footage i was so excited about was shot just for the 30th anniversary and just slotted into the film looks really stupid and music aswell but like i said i only scanned through.

As to the question why **** knows but its utterly pointless.:censored:

Frankenhooker 8th October 2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 420573)

It was bookended by two ridiculous, superfluous scenes that quite frankly nearly render the film unwatchable in my opinion.

I don't know why it was done, there's no justification for messing with a classic like that, it was all under the guise of a 30th Anniversary edition.

I also have the Trilogy Of The Dead set, its in the loft, the whole set is tainted.

Nordicdusk 8th October 2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 420576)
It was bookended by two ridiculous, superfluous scenes that quite frankly nearly render the film unwatchable in my opinion.

I don't know why it was done, there's no justification for messing with a classic like that, it was all under the guise of a 30th Anniversary edition.

I also have the Trilogy Of The Dead set, its in the loft, the whole set is tainted.

Did they do this to just NOTLD or all three?

shel 8th October 2014 08:07 PM

Its well known that due to a royal screw up they never made a penny off NOTLD due to copyright slip up, so adding in new footage and re-releasing it was a way of Russo (Romero declined to be involved) re-selling NOTLD again and make some cash. Understand why they did it, but it's still car crash film making.