Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th October 2014 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One delivery today, Kino Lorber's BD of The First Power. "see you around, buddy boy!"

Attachment 146141

Vipp 9th October 2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 420750)
One delivery today, Kino Lorber's BD of The First Power. "see you around, buddy boy!"

Attachment 146141

I still have my VHS of this movie, i might pick this BR up.

Invid Ninja 9th October 2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 420684)
Ordered these from Japan because the UK/US ones have rubbish subtitles, only took 2 days to arrive!

If you don't mind me asking, which website did you pick up the Ghost In The Shell Blu Rays from?

Vipp 9th October 2014 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I picked these up from the Amazon 4 for £10 sale they had. I'm taking a gamble on all of these titles as i haven't seen any of them.

Jinx_Barkman 9th October 2014 08:37 PM

Just The First Power for me. Thought I would get Raw Force with it but it seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th October 2014 09:04 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

1 Attachment(s)
I actually wish they had used the US vhs art on the reverse (used as the BD's disc art). Scorpion used it on their mock-up on Facebook before it was released, when Walter recommended it to Kino. But hey, they did use the original poster, so I can't complain too much. :)

Attachment 146144

Susan Foreman 10th October 2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 420757)
I picked these up from the Amazon 4 for £10 sale they had. I'm taking a gamble on all of these titles as i haven't seen any of them.

Tread carefully with 'Combat Shock'

It is a VERY disturbing film!

My reviews from elsewhere on the forum:

"Believe everything you have heard about this film

I like to push myself when it comes to 'extreme' movies, but this is very hard watching

Cannibal Holocaust, Nekromatic and Flower of Flesh and Blood are a walk inthe park

Combat Shock - Downbeat and depressing, certainly. I am near getting out the razor blades!!!!

Certainly NOT a typical Tromaville release

It is NOT easy viewing

APPROACH WITH CAUTION"

and

"I will have to do it at least once more - I haven't done the commentary yet

However, a second viewing is NOT thru choice, but rather necessity of seeing all of the disc"

ArgentoFan1987 10th October 2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 420757)

The Funhouse is excellent! Not sure about the others as I've not seen them.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 420784)
Tread carefully with 'Combat Shock'
[/I]

Combat Shock is probably the most downbeat and depressing film I've ever seen. There are others which are also downbeat and depressing, but the sheer amount of the running time which falls under that loose category is greater than in any other film I can think of at the moment.

Frankenhooker 10th October 2014 08:10 AM

There certainly aren't many chinks of light in Combat Shock. It's a film I'm glad I own, but I don't think I'll ever take it off the shelf again.