Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Argentofan 10th November 2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 111868)
Oh dear Argy! The Fog remake is one of the worst remakes EVER!!!

Sorry mate :(

However, Hatchet and Black Christmas are both crackers!!! Thumbs up there.

I'll still give it a go. Probably wont get through it from reading reviews. :lol:

I've heard Hatchet is good and I agree that the orig Black Christmas is great! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 111869)
I hated Jenifer! Got rid of it pretty much as soon as I watched it.

I have it on DVD but yet to watch it. Might set it back a few in the pile now!

bdc 10th November 2010 07:49 PM

Just received... :)
Hustle - Complete Seasons 1-5 (R2,BBC)

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th November 2010 09:21 PM

I must need my head examined. Just ordered a Steven Seagal Collection containing, Driven To Kill, A Dangerous Man and The Keeper. The saddest thing is that I already have A Dangerous Man on dvd and Driven To Kill on region A BD. But for 14.99 Euro's, I caved. :lol:

the blob 10th November 2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 111915)
I must need my head examined. Just ordered a Steven Seagal Collection containing, Driven To Kill, A Dangerous Man and The Keeper. The saddest thing is that I already have A Dangerous Man on dvd and Driven To Kill on region A BD. But for 14.99 Euro's, I caved. :lol:

And all from the peak of his career, eh? :lol:

oaxaca 10th November 2010 09:29 PM

Bought the following Blu-Rays today:

Live and let die
Stargate
Evil Dead 2
Haunting in Connecticut
Mad detective

To add to my small but slowly-expanding BD collection of:

The Fugitive
Black Rain
Angel Heart
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Ponyo

Especially looking forward to watching The Mad Detective... Lau Ching Wan was fantastic in Ringo Lam's Full Alert

oaxaca 11th November 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 111915)

God lol, I watched one (and only one) of his modern DTV releases where he played some Russian Mafia guy; it was... an experience :p The camera jerking made me a little queasy, as did Seagal's Russian accent and the sheer size of the man these days as well as his ever-diminishing range of facial expressions:p

However I have all Seagals films up to the Glimmer man on DVD and they are all great. I especially like the HILARIOUS voodoo bad-guys in Marked for Death.

mbv 11th November 2010 01:40 PM

The missus ordered me Bloodsucking Freaks and it arrived today. Damn I love this woman!!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th November 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 111996)
The missus ordered me Bloodsucking Freaks and it arrived today. Damn I love this woman!!!!

You'd better not forget your anniversary!

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th November 2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 111918)
And all from the peak of his career, eh? :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 111974)
God lol, I watched one (and only one) of his modern DTV releases where he played some Russian Mafia guy; it was... an experience :p The camera jerking made me a little queasy, as did Seagal's Russian accent and the sheer size of the man these days as well as his ever-diminishing range of facial expressions:p

However I have all Seagals films up to the Glimmer man on DVD and they are all great. I especially like the HILARIOUS voodoo bad-guys in Marked for Death.

I'm afraid since I've got all the classic early Seagal movies on BD (at least the ones that have been released), there's not much left but the DTV titles. Of course, I'd snap up Hard To Kill, Fire Down Below, The Glimmer Man, On Deadly Ground and Exit Wounds if they get a release.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th November 2010 07:13 PM

I haven't ordered a film for quite some time, so I bought these babies to change that:

- Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds - anyone seen this one?

- From Beyond The Grave (Amicus)

and Venom's At War With Satan cd