Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Frankie Teardrop 9th December 2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 428076)
Nekromantik turned up, but looks like i will have two copies as zavvi have dispatched a copy that i completely forgot about.

edit

reading up on it. i really don't think i'm going to like it, , sounds a bit sick and disgusting even for me. must becoming a bit of a prude. if i decide to sell it will be going for £15

You might be surprised, Trebor - it's by no means a Sunday afternoon matinee type affair, but nor is it a shit pit of depravity. In fact, beneath the surface squalor there's a lot of wry black humour and something quite touching, too. The last time I saw it (about two years ago) the only thing that stuck in my throat was the slightly ham-fisted gore, which seemed a bit clumsy in a film which is raw but actually in some ways quite subtle. And it is a romance at the end of the day!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 428144)
You might be surprised, Trebor - it's by no means a Sunday afternoon matinee type affair, but nor is it a shit pit of depravity. In fact, beneath the surface squalor there's a lot of wry black humour and something quite touching, too. The last time I saw it (about two years ago) the only thing that stuck in my throat was the slightly ham-fisted gore, which seemed a bit clumsy in a film which is raw but actually in some ways quite subtle. And it is a romance at the end of the day!

Thanks for that, Frankie. I'll do you know what I think of it when I watch it, hopefully this week.

Make Them Die Slowly 9th December 2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 428144)

I thought it a very funny film and as you say it is a romance at the end of the day. I do think that it also needs to be viewed in the wider context of underground cinema of the time to perhaps get a better angle on it's aesthetics.

Buboven 10th December 2014 12:22 AM

On Blu

Black Christmas (German Blu); A steal at £8.
Planet of the Vampires (Kino Blu:Christmas Present)
The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Christmas Present)
The Lion King (Christmas Present)
Hands of the Ripper (Network UK Blu:Christmas Present)

About to acquire in Arrow Films 3 for £20 sale

Lisa and the Devil Blu (didn't like this much on first watch but willing to give it another go since it by Mario Bava
Branded To Kill (1967) Blu
The Conformist (1970) Blu

The good thing about the 3 for £20 pounds deal is that you can basically get ur money back minus £2 pounds or so by trading any title u don't end up wanting with CEX.

Buboven 10th December 2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 428168)
On Blu

Black Christmas (German Blu); A steal at £8.
Planet of the Vampires (Kino Blu:Christmas Present)
The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Christmas Present)
The Lion King (Christmas Present)
Hands of the Ripper (Network UK Blu:Christmas Present)

About to acquire in Arrow Films 3 for £20 sale

Lisa and the Devil Blu (didn't like this much on first watch but willing to give it another go since it by Mario Bava
Branded To Kill (1967) Blu
The Conformist (1970) Blu

The good thing about the 3 for £20 pounds deal is that you can basically get ur money back minus £2 pounds or so by trading any title u don't end up wanting with CEX.

Add to that The Devil's Advocate book on Black Sunday, A Day of the Dead (1985) Red Rabbit Lounge T-Shirt and my old Simba teddy bear toy thingy my sister has promised to find for me (SO EXCITED TO BE REUNITED!!!, all 3 Christmas presents. :woot:

Demoncrat 10th December 2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 428082)
i would say yes, it is price after all. second copy of nekromantik will be getting sold, think it will be one of those films you have to see but will probably never watch again

Sold!

demonknight 10th December 2014 04:00 PM

Octaman on DVD - 40th Anniversary Edition from Bayview Entertainment. Disc is region free. ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th December 2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 428213)
Octaman on DVD - 40th Anniversary Edition from Bayview Entertainment. Disc is region free. ;)

I've got that to watch sometime this month.

No special features if i remember rightly...except an additional movie that is. :woot:

keirarts 10th December 2014 04:58 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 151513 Attachment 151514

Attachment 151515 Attachment 151516

Attachment 151517 Attachment 151518

Attachment 151519

Octaman off amazon. Outsiders found in cash gen on way home from work for a couple of quid. £ arrow on 2 for 20 and Rabid and Thief Arrow pre-orders.

Rik 10th December 2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 427071)
Not bought, but I did win a comp on FB this week :)

Attachment 150793

Arrived today, with a Peter Cushing photo postcard inside the jiffy bag, nice surprise :)