Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 10th January 2015 04:27 PM

I enjoyed Paranorman some nice references to classic horror. I have not seen the first child's play in years I got the blu ray early last year still not watched it look forward to a review from you dem

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th January 2015 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 431096)
I picked them all up at a charity shop for a fiver for the four.

Never seen Audrey Rose.

I expect nothing from Paranorman as i thought Coraline was shit anyway. I think Rik liked Paranorman so thought i'd give it a go.

I've never seen any of the earlier Child's Play films. My starting point was Bride of Chucky, which i enjoyed, it's sequel which i didn't and Curse of Chucky which i thought excellent.

Oddly enough i've only seen Carrie 2 once but still own the vhs. I remember enjoying it to be honest. :o

It's been years since I last saw Audrey Rose, but do remember enjoying it and not being disappointed by the high expectations I had from a Robert Wise film.

The first Child's Play film is much better than the first and second sequel – I quite like the more comedic Bride and Seed of Chucky instalments, though agreed with the general consensus that Curse of Chucky was a change for the better.

I'm another who thought Carrie 2 stunk and was completely unnecessary, but if you like it that's what counts!

plasterface 10th January 2015 05:43 PM

recent buys

the day after on dvd 50p from cex- love threads so hoping this is in a similar vein

my orders from arrow arrived-

nekromantik - a good box set at a reasonable price but after hearing about this film for years, found it quite tame.

the people under the stairs- love this film but was always waiting for it to drop in price , was always pricey in hmv despite not been an arrow combi pack

night of the comet- for some reason this was a few months late in hmv and was twenty quid nearly bought it but knew arrow was doing a sale , luckily i waited

mark of the devil- looks grim , i like witch finder general and the devils is one of the few films to leave me angry and upset so reckoned this was worth a look.

could some please explain the arrow points system to a thick ol' plasterface

trebor8273 10th January 2015 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Charity shop find, heard bad a things but was only £1

Edit

How bad is it? It has Micheal Moriarty who I always thought was very underrated and its directed by Larry Cohen

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th January 2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 431110)
Charity shop find, heard bad a things but was only £1

Edit

How bad is it? It has Micheal Moriarty who I always thought was very underrated and its directed by Larry Cohen

It's well worth a quid, trebor. I quite enjoyed it for what it was, although I haven't seen it for a good few years now.

trebor8273 10th January 2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 431115)
It's well worth a quid, trebor. I quite enjoyed it for what it was, although I haven't seen it for a good few years now.

Might give it a watch after I finish the howling. Not excpecting it to be any where near as good as the original movie.

Buboven 10th January 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 431109)
the day after on dvd 50p from cex- love threads so hoping this is in a similar vein

my orders from arrow arrived-

nekromantik - a good box set at a reasonable price but after hearing about this film for years, found it quite tame.

the people under the stairs- love this film but was always waiting for it to drop in price , was always pricey in hmv despite not been an arrow combi pack

night of the comet- for some reason this was a few months late in hmv and was twenty quid nearly bought it but knew arrow was doing a sale , luckily i waited

mark of the devil- looks grim , i like witch finder general and the devils is one of the few films to leave me angry and upset so reckoned this was worth a look.

could some please explain the arrow points system to a thick ol' plasterface

One of the reasons I got MOTD myself is the feature length doc on 70's british horror.

Buboven 10th January 2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 431102)
It's been years since I last saw Audrey Rose, but do remember enjoying it and not being disappointed by the high expectations I had from a Robert Wise film.

The first Child's Play film is much better than the first and second sequel – I quite like the more comedic Bride and Seed of Chucky instalments, though agreed with the general consensus that Curse of Chucky was a change for the better.

I'm another who thought Carrie 2 stunk and was completely unnecessary, but if you like it that's what counts!

I have grown to like the first sequel over the original child's play myself.

tele1962 10th January 2015 08:47 PM

Anyone purchasing the new amray of Tenebrae?