Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 12th January 2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 431293)
Bought this on eBay for £38 brand new, delivered because I want the theatrical version on blu too. The sellers negative feedback suggests he already sold this for £42, but refunded and relisted it due to it not selling for enough, so if it turns up I'll be surprised!

Attachment 153952

Hope you get it.

platostotal 12th January 2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 431277)
Just bought myself Dead Snow 2 at HMV for 13 quid. Quite enjoyed the first one and this is supposed to be better so can't wait to watch it.

Watched Dead Snow again over Chrimbo, liked it even more(my mate called it Norwegian Evil Dead Snow, cause of the cabin) no. 2 sounds great fun.

demonknight 13th January 2015 11:02 AM

Received DAYBREAKERS, BARBARELLA and HAUNTING OF WINCHESTER HOUSE/I AM OMEGA double bill, all on Blu.

R-T-C Tim 13th January 2015 05:29 PM

More Poundland rubbish:

Battle Tanker - some obscure UFO Productions film on board a super-tanker.
The Sender - stars Michael Madsen, from PM Entertainment.
Shark Night (not in 3D)
Dragon Dynasty - more SyFy channel nonsense

Reviews to follow!

Mojo 13th January 2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 431126)
Anyone purchasing the new amray of Tenebrae?

Me. It's a brand new transfer and Arrow's original release was one of the worst blu rays I've ever seen.

Rik 13th January 2015 06:14 PM

I don't get all the hatred for their original release of Tenebrae, didn't look that bad to me and the only reason I sold it is because I got the steelbook, same goes for Demons and Day of the Dead.

Nordicdusk 13th January 2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 431402)
I don't get all the hatred for their original release of Tenebrae, didn't look that bad to me and the only reason I sold it is because I got the steelbook, same goes for Demons and Day of the Dead.

What was wrong with the Tenebrae Blu Ray ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 431410)
What was wrong with the Tenebrae Blu Ray ?

Most people reported loads of artificial grain, so it was 'like a snowstorm'. I didn't have a problem with it – perhaps due to the settings on my PlayStation/AV decoder/plasma screen*.

*Delete as applicable

Nordicdusk 13th January 2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 431411)
Most people reported loads of artificial grain, so it was 'like a snowstorm'. I didn't have a problem with it – perhaps due to the settings on my PlayStation/AV decoder/plasma screen*.

*Delete as applicable

Cheers Nos it looks fine to me also.

Mojo 13th January 2015 06:51 PM

It looked awful to me.