Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

VeZius 3rd February 2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 434376)
Attachment 155876

Really nice looking steelbook I love the art on the back shame there is no art inside.

Love that one, I actually think the sequels are much better than the original!

keirarts 3rd February 2015 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 155877

Today's arrival!

Jani 3rd February 2015 05:41 PM

Ordered two editions of Starry Eyes, hope it's worth it.From US Dark Sky and NSM Germany.The latter is limited to 2,000 copies and hosts the soundtrack too, audio is DTS-HD 7.1.Made some other deals too: Fulci's Nightmare Concert mediabook (XT Video); Don't Go in the House (Grindhouse Collection vol. 2 BD); Saw Director's Cut 10th Anniversary steelbook.

trebor8273 3rd February 2015 06:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 155994
Attachment 155995
Attachment 155996
Attachment 155997
Attachment 155998

R-T-C Tim 3rd February 2015 06:49 PM

Just arrived, Maniac Cop on Blu-Ray and White Tiger (Russian war film) on DVD.

Just sent back the "Excalibur" UK DVD release of Town Called Hell as they have put a watermark across the middle of the print, unwatchable, hopefully Amazon think so too and I get my money back. Annoyingly there is a good German DVD but no re-sellers on Amazon Marketplace and postage from Amazon.de does rack up the cost a lot.

Nordicdusk 3rd February 2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 434425)

Action Jackson Blu Ray I'll have me some of that :woot:

MacBlayne 3rd February 2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 434463)
Action Jackson Blu Ray I'll have me some of that :woot:

All we need now is for Craig R. Baxley's masterpiece, Stone Cold, to get a BluRay release. :pray:

Plus, since we're talking Action Jackson, I have to quote Ruthless Reviews as to why I love this film.

Quote:

Pre-Mortem One Liner:

Action Jackson’s greatest strength is that nobody is sent into the afterlife without at least one bad one-liner to accompany him. A bad guy threatens to barbeque Jackson who turns the tables and says, “barbecue huh? How do you like your ribs?” before engulfing the evil bastard in flames of justice.
:popcorn:

J Harker 3rd February 2015 10:34 PM

Never seen Action Jackson. Any good?

MacBlayne 3rd February 2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 434468)
Never seen Action Jackson. Any good?

I find it works best if you view it as a parody - it has every 80s cop thriller cliche, but exaggerates every one. For example, this quote when the stupid chief is chewing out Jackson: “Jackson, you have a lot to be proud of. Harvard Law. High school track star. But you’re out of control!”

Not to mention the villain's rather ridiculous plan in which to destroy the unions and get rid of Jackson and Vanity at the same time (he gets his fat, black bodyguard to put on a wig so that people will think he is Carl Weathers, and kill Vanity and the union boss).

There's a genuinely clever bit where we see Craig T. Nelson, dressed in a karate gi, sparring with an Asian man in similar garb. Obviously, it's a training session but the surprise is that Nelson is the teacher (well, I thought it was clever :pout:). The film has its little moments like that.

Also, it features an appearance from De'voreaux White (Argyle from Die Hard). That's got to be worth something, right?

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd February 2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 434470)
I find it works best if you view it as a parody - it has every 80s cop thriller cliche, but exaggerates every one. For example, this quote when the stupid chief is chewing out Jackson: “Jackson, you have a lot to be proud of. Harvard Law. High school track star. But you’re out of control!”

Not to mention the villain's rather ridiculous plan in which to destroy the unions and get rid of Jackson and Vanity at the same time (he gets his fat, black bodyguard to put on a wig so that people will think he is Carl Weathers, and kill Vanity and the union boss).

There's a genuinely clever bit where we see Craig T. Nelson, dressed in a karate gi, sparring with an Asian man in similar garb. Obviously, it's a training session but the surprise is that Nelson is the teacher (well, I thought it was clever :pout:). The film has its little moments like that.

Also, it features an appearance from De'voreaux White (Argyle from Die Hard). That's got to be worth something, right?

Wasn't it made as a parody, I'm pretty sure it was.