Like Tree151382Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2015, 03:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 155876

Really nice looking steelbook I love the art on the back shame there is no art inside.
Love that one, I actually think the sequels are much better than the original!
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:40 PM
Cult Addict

TT..jpg

Today's arrival!
Old 3rd February 2015, 05:41 PM
Active Cultist

Ordered two editions of Starry Eyes, hope it's worth it.From US Dark Sky and NSM Germany.The latter is limited to 2,000 copies and hosts the soundtrack too, audio is DTS-HD 7.1.Made some other deals too: Fulci's Nightmare Concert mediabook (XT Video); Don't Go in the House (Grindhouse Collection vol. 2 BD); Saw Director's Cut 10th Anniversary steelbook.
Jinx_Barkman and keirarts like this.
Old 3rd February 2015, 06:49 PM
Active Cultist

Just arrived, Maniac Cop on Blu-Ray and White Tiger (Russian war film) on DVD.

Just sent back the "Excalibur" UK DVD release of Town Called Hell as they have put a watermark across the middle of the print, unwatchable, hopefully Amazon think so too and I get my money back. Annoyingly there is a good German DVD but no re-sellers on Amazon Marketplace and postage from Amazon.de does rack up the cost a lot.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:14 PM
Cult Master

Action Jackson Blu Ray I'll have me some of that
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Action Jackson Blu Ray I'll have me some of that
All we need now is for Craig R. Baxley's masterpiece, Stone Cold, to get a BluRay release.

Plus, since we're talking Action Jackson, I have to quote Ruthless Reviews as to why I love this film.

Quote:
Pre-Mortem One Liner:

Action Jackson’s greatest strength is that nobody is sent into the afterlife without at least one bad one-liner to accompany him. A bad guy threatens to barbeque Jackson who turns the tables and says, “barbecue huh? How do you like your ribs?” before engulfing the evil bastard in flames of justice.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:34 PM
Cult Addict

Never seen Action Jackson. Any good?
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Never seen Action Jackson. Any good?
I find it works best if you view it as a parody - it has every 80s cop thriller cliche, but exaggerates every one. For example, this quote when the stupid chief is chewing out Jackson: “Jackson, you have a lot to be proud of. Harvard Law. High school track star. But you’re out of control!”

Not to mention the villain's rather ridiculous plan in which to destroy the unions and get rid of Jackson and Vanity at the same time (he gets his fat, black bodyguard to put on a wig so that people will think he is Carl Weathers, and kill Vanity and the union boss).

There's a genuinely clever bit where we see Craig T. Nelson, dressed in a karate gi, sparring with an Asian man in similar garb. Obviously, it's a training session but the surprise is that Nelson is the teacher (well, I thought it was clever ). The film has its little moments like that.

Also, it features an appearance from De'voreaux White (Argyle from Die Hard). That's got to be worth something, right?
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I find it works best if you view it as a parody - it has every 80s cop thriller cliche, but exaggerates every one. For example, this quote when the stupid chief is chewing out Jackson: “Jackson, you have a lot to be proud of. Harvard Law. High school track star. But you’re out of control!”

Not to mention the villain's rather ridiculous plan in which to destroy the unions and get rid of Jackson and Vanity at the same time (he gets his fat, black bodyguard to put on a wig so that people will think he is Carl Weathers, and kill Vanity and the union boss).

There's a genuinely clever bit where we see Craig T. Nelson, dressed in a karate gi, sparring with an Asian man in similar garb. Obviously, it's a training session but the surprise is that Nelson is the teacher (well, I thought it was clever ). The film has its little moments like that.

Also, it features an appearance from De'voreaux White (Argyle from Die Hard). That's got to be worth something, right?
Wasn't it made as a parody, I'm pretty sure it was.

Like this? Share it using the links below!