Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151393Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Looks like it might actually be a homage to blaxploitation if this interview with Weathers is anything to go by.Carl Weathers on Toy Story Of Terror, blaxploitation films, and James Brown · Random Roles · The A.V. Club
That actually makes sense. While I wouldn't call Action Jackson a blaxploitation film, it is one that seems like a response to them. There's a scene in the film where Jackson is unable to understand a Black man because the man keeps talking "jive". In fact, most Black characters in this film don't use stereotypical slang at all - they speak with great verbosity.

The more I think about, Action Jackson is rather progressive in its portrayal of black characters. Maybe it's due a critical re-evaluation?
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 01:10 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
All we need now is for Craig R. Baxley's masterpiece, Stone Cold, to get a BluRay release.

The German blu-ray is pretty decent, but I'm hoping we might see someone like Shout Factory put it out too.
Jinx_Barkman and MacBlayne like this.
Old 4th February 2015, 02:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Thank you very much.

Despite being only 27, I find myself useless when it comes to social media tools. I used to have a Facebook account and be with other forums but I deleted them years ago and went on a hiatus from social media due to the insane hostility that permeates through them.

I decided to check out here after watching a bunch of Arrow DVDs and BDs, and was amazed to find a corner of the internet that hasn't been polluted.
What with friendly civilised folk you mean??
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Thank you very much.

Despite being only 27, I find myself useless when it comes to social media tools. I used to have a Facebook account and be with other forums but I deleted them years ago and went on a hiatus from social media due to the insane hostility that permeates through them.

I decided to check out here after watching a bunch of Arrow DVDs and BDs, and was amazed to find a corner of the internet that hasn't been polluted.
No worries.

I don't do social media either. There's just too much stupidity and negativity out there, plus everyone seems to have an axe to grind or a soapbox to stand on. I know forums arew a dying breed, but they work better for me as I can (to a large extent) control what I read about.

We've had our ups and downs like every site, however we at least try to encourage a friendly atmosphere here. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Old 4th February 2015, 08:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I seldom use twitter and never Facebook they ate full of malicious unbalanced bullies. Cult labs is the only forum I use these days and in 6 years I have never once had trouble or issues with anyone,even if our views differ. picked up gone girl. This looks good and has some excellent reviews online and in magazines. I also ordered arrow's thief I pre ordered it ages ago but cancelled it once due to poor finances,but got it on the way now. I wouldn't say my finances are great but as it's very limited I have prioritised it before it sells out and I lose out.
Old 4th February 2015, 10:26 AM
Cult Addict

On the limited nature of Thief isn't it just the slipcase that's limited? Am i wrong in assuming it will revert to a basic amaray once the slips are all gone?
Old 4th February 2015, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
On the limited nature of Thief isn't it just the slipcase that's limited? Am i wrong in assuming it will revert to a basic amaray once the slips are all gone?
The second disc will also go, which contains the Theatrical Cut and the Isolated score.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 4th February 2015, 11:18 AM
Cult Addict

Didn't know that. Thanks Fuzz I'll have to get it ordered.
These came this morning
Old 4th February 2015, 11:21 AM
Cult Master

Just added to my Demons obsession and addiction with Arrows Steelbook. What harm can one more version do
Old 4th February 2015, 12:40 PM
Cult Master

image.jpg

Got these for €10 in cash converters on lunch. Demons didn't article yet so no picture.

Like this? Share it using the links below!