Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 16th March 2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 439935)
It's one of the books / films we were forced to watch / read at school. I don't have fond memories of it. :lol:

Same here but I revisited both years afterwards and enjoyed them as art rather than "work".

Nordicdusk 16th March 2015 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 159214

I love that the reverse artwork is so clean no rating and the slasher banner is not there just pure artwork. Love the slim red cases really stand out in my collection now.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2015 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This turned up today. I finally managed to spot it at a reasonable price - £6.50 delivered from a Canadian Amazon seller Passion Flix UK. A company i'd never heard of but thankfully it arrived today a week after the shipping email.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2015 11:14 PM

Has anyone seen the Yorga films?

They are new to me, are they any good?

Make Them Die Slowly 17th March 2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 440187)
Has anyone seen the Yorga films?

They are new to me, are they any good?

I have just been trying to remember if I have seen them or not, I think I have seen the first one years ago but may actually be remembering reviews of it from 70s horror film books! I am going to say they are great purely because they have a proper looking vampire in them from the dvd cover.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 440190)
I have just been trying to remember if I have seen them or not, I think I have seen the first one years ago but may actually be remembering reviews of it from 70s horror film books! I am going to say they are great purely because they have a proper looking vampire in them from the dvd cover.

I read someone's comments, probably on Amazon, that they were the type of films Hammer should have been making in the 70's rather than bringing Dracula into modern London.

Make Them Die Slowly 18th March 2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 440191)
I read someone's comments, probably on Amazon, that they were the type of films Hammer should have been making in the 70's rather than bringing Dracula into modern London.

Just read a synopsis of the first film and ,it is Dracula in modern America minus out of date swinging London hippies. I like the two modern Hammer Dracula films, they might misfire all over the place but at least they attempted something different with the formula, especially Satanic Rites.

nosferatu42 18th March 2015 12:05 AM

I remember seeing them on TV when i was young and liking them.:)
I'm a bit jealous actually, had those in my wish list for ages but the double you picked up was always too expensive.
Got yourself a bargain there Dem.:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th March 2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 440193)
Just read a synopsis of the first film and ,it is Dracula in modern America minus out of date swinging London hippies. I like the two modern Hammer Dracula films, they might misfire all over the place but at least they attempted something different with the formula, especially Satanic Rites.

I agree. Taking Dracula out of his Transylvanian comfort zone and doing something different with him was very refreshing. As you say especially Satanic Rites. Even more so because he's barely in it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th March 2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 440194)
I remember seeing them on TV when i was young and liking them.:)
I'm a bit jealous actually, had those in my wish list for ages but the double you picked up was always too expensive.
Got yourself a bargain there Dem.:nod:

Thanks nos.

I tend to scan my wishlist every day. 99.9% of the time it's monotonous and a waste of time, but then a gem pops up and it seems worthwhile.