Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th March 2015 11:05 PM

Any idea what the dvd quality is like guys?

Make Them Die Slowly 28th March 2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 441981)

I have the Tartan release which I believe is a port of the Barrel release and the picture and sound quality ain't great as it has been reconstructed from different sources and the director spent most of the budget on whizz...that said all this just adds to the general grimy feel of the film. It is certainly watchable and as a Mill Creek and Alpha Video man, should be more than fine for you!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th March 2015 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 441984)
as a Mill Creek and Alpha Video man, should be more than fine for you!

Alpha... I'm not that bad, i do like to see something of whats going on onscreen. :lol:

Andra Jai 29th March 2015 05:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
2 more hot toys 1/6th figures added to the collection

Boo Radley 29th March 2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 441981)

It's not good... especially at the disembowelling scene as they just had crap elements to work with. Remember those days when you used to watch old multi copied videos on your old CRT TV? This will take you right back there!!:nod:

For myself, I love this pile of shite! It beggars belief that it was made at all and defies convention that it is still available in any form whatsoever. It has an aura that very few films have managed, a sense of anything can happen with these coked out actors and a director that is on the edge of sanity.

I think a "time and place" element is also pertinent, I first saw it on the old Sun Video release - I still have the cover somewhere - and it left me feeling grimy, slimy and wanting a shower. I think any film that can do that is worth my money!!

Vinegar Syndrome are meant to be releasing this on Blu Ray later this year...God knows if it will look any better than it already does but it will be a must buy for me!!:cool:

fuzzymctiger 29th March 2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 442006)
It's not good... especially at the disembowelling scene as they just had crap elements to work with. Remember those days when you used to watch old multi copied videos on your old CRT TV? This will take you right back there!!:nod:

For myself, I love this pile of shite! It beggars belief that it was made at all and defies convention that it is still available in any form whatsoever. It has an aura that very few films have managed, a sense of anything can happen with these coked out actors and a director that is on the edge of sanity.

I think a "time and place" element is also pertinent, I first saw it on the old Sun Video release - I still have the cover somewhere - and it left me feeling grimy, slimy and wanting a shower. I think any film that can do that is worth my money!!

Vinegar Syndrome are meant to be releasing this on Blu Ray later this year...God knows if it will look any better than it already does but it will be a must buy for me!!:cool:

I'm very excited to see this for the first time when VynSyn releases it on blu ray, but sadly they're having complications...

It was originally roughly scheduled for October 2014, and at the moment it's not even on the cards for August roughly this year. They have elements of some sort, but there's numerous unspecified problems apparently. They say it's definitely being released, but they can't give any dates yet.

Make Them Die Slowly 29th March 2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 442006)

And let's not forget deer hoof blow jobs, certainly a selling point at the House of MTDS.

keirarts 29th March 2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 442008)
I'm very excited to see this for the first time when VynSyn releases it on blu ray, but sadly they're having complications...

It was originally roughly scheduled for October 2014, and at the moment it's not even on the cards for August roughly this year. They have elements of some sort, but there's numerous unspecified problems apparently. They say it's definitely being released, but they can't give any dates yet.

They were supposed to be including the epic-length Cuckoo clocks from Hell cut as well but no idea if that's still happening. Picked a copy of the barrel release at that price in case any of the extras don't get ported over.

SShaw 29th March 2015 12:40 PM

A bit of a splurge this weekend (all German blu-rays)

The Canal A film I missed last year despite it playing at almost every festival I attended.
Let Us Prey This is a film that grew on me on second viewing at Grimmfest[/b]
Interstellar Wasn't convinced by this in the cinema, maybe it will improve on the small screen?[/b]
Coherence Dinner party strangeness.
V/H/S Viral another film I missed on the big screen.

plasterface 29th March 2015 03:05 PM

purchases

Went to newcastle film/comic con, cool stall from website strange vice was there got the following:

ltd edition Wolf Cop soundtrack on cassette , comes in a big vhs box cost a tenner
Massacre Mafia style region free blu/dvd combo 17 quid
death bed : the bed that eats region free blu 12 quid