Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 9th April 2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 443485)
I will be interested to see what the members here (whom own the incredible melting man) think of the commentary and interviews... Arrow did a great job on this set but i found the director and the interviews were all a little off? listening to each of them talk about the film was almost like the folks at arrow had asked them which one of them had farted in the office and they were trying thier best to blame the smell on each other? that's a good analogy i think. i was a little upset to hear some of the comments. i like the movie even if it isn't contender for an oscar. The transfer is still superb (to my eyes and ears) so it was well worth the £7 i paid.

I always get a little disheartened when actors speak badly about a film they were in that I love stupid I know but that's just me. Nothing makes me happier to hear about fun stories the cast had on set and how much they enjoyed the finished product. Funny enough I was watching the interview with Jamie Lee Curtis on The Fog yesterday and shit more or less said The Fog is a shit film my heart sank a little.

fuzzymctiger 9th April 2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443580)
I always get a little disheartened when actors speak badly about a film they were in that I love stupid I know but that's just me. Nothing makes me happier to hear about fun stories the cast had on set and how much they enjoyed the finished product. Funny enough I was watching the interview with Jamie Lee Curtis on The Fog yesterday and shit more or less said The Fog is a shit film my heart sank a little.

I don't mind if they acknowledge it's not the best, but still enjoy reflecting on it, and had fun with the film, like Roddy Piper with Hell Comes to Frogtown. He acknowledges both that the movie and his performance weren't fantastic, but had heaps of fun stories to tell, and still has a good laugh about it with friends and family and rewatched it.

But those that try to avoid it, don't want to talk about it, or do talk about it and just seem bored and over it, they're the ones I don't like.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th April 2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 443581)
I don't mind if they acknowledge it's not the best, but still enjoy reflecting on it, and had fun with the film, like Roddy Piper with Hell Comes to Frogtown. He acknowledges both that the movie and his performance weren't fantastic, but had heaps of fun stories to tell, and still has a good laugh about it with friends and family and rewatched it.

But those that try to avoid it, don't want to talk about it, or do talk about it and just seem bored and over it, they're the ones I don't like.

I agree. Why bother even agreeing to talk about something they clearly don't like.

If it's for the money? Well you'd think if their career was in such a decline as to need money from a company to do a commentary track that they'd put the effort in.

Even if the memories are a bit hazy a commentary can still be entertaining.

In any normal job if you do it wrong or half hearted you either sort it out or don't get paid. Acting is a luxury job after all.

Susan Foreman 9th April 2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 443580)
I always get a little disheartened when actors speak badly about a film they were in that I love

Slightly off topic, but I feel disappointed when I am looking around the charity shops, and I see that someone has got rid of a film I love

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 443582)
I agree. Why bother even agreeing to talk about something they clearly don't like.

If it's for the money? Well you'd think if their career was in such a decline as to need money from a company to do a commentary track that they'd put the effort in.

Even if the memories are a bit hazy a commentary can still be entertaining.

In any normal job if you do it wrong or half hearted you either sort it out or don't get paid. Acting is a luxury job after all.

I completely agree – I have no idea why Elliot Silverstein agreed to do a commentary for The Car, because Calum Waddell tried his hardest to encourage the director to talk about the film, but he wasn't interested.

If making the film was a horrible experience or you don't like the film, why agree to talk about it? Surely some things are best left in the past, with water under the bridge, and there's no point in reopening old wounds or boring people for the sake of a few hundred dollars.

Demoncrat 9th April 2015 01:57 PM

Picked up a copy of Killer Elite (Gary McKendry, 2011). UK dvd. Only one to get now!! Or 3 if ye count Wild Card and F&F7 ahem!!

Some person in CG has split up a Hitchcock set....Trouble With Harry methinks!!

Park Chan-wook's Thirst 50p....

I am going back so wish me luck haha....;)

Crimson Blade 9th April 2015 02:05 PM

Two more recent purchases..

http://s26.postimg.org/dmr6w4eh1/phpq_MWup_DAM.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/6v0rt9phh/php_Hz4ql6_AM.jpg

Frankenhooker 9th April 2015 03:02 PM

I picked up Starry Eyes in HMV for £4.99 and Fringe seasons 1-5 in Head for £20. I already had seasons one and two, but buying the whole lot worked out cheaper than buying 3-5 individually.

plasterface 9th April 2015 07:08 PM

dont

Dont go in the woods alone finally popped in hmv ,£13:99 which felt a bit steep compared the cheapo prices they have given previous 88 titles. Hope it's entertaining .

Demoncrat 10th April 2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 443589)
Picked up a copy of Killer Elite (Gary McKendry, 2011). UK dvd. Only one to get now!! Or 3 if ye count Wild Card and F&F7 ahem!!

Some person in CG has split up a Hitchcock set....Trouble With Harry methinks!!

Park Chan-wook's Thirst 50p....

I am going back so wish me luck haha....;)

Got The Trouble With Harry/Vertigo/Shadow Of A Doubt,
Eclipse cough from CG (all UK dvds) aaand
The Boys In Company C £1.99

...and some butteries :lol: