Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 19th April 2015 09:59 AM

It's not complete with Omen IV and the Remake

:critter:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th April 2015 10:10 AM

The fourth instalment and remake are pointless, so it's perhaps best just to stick to the trilogy. I actually quite like the first and second sequels, particularly the second one with Sam Neill.

Bringer Of Funerals 19th April 2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 445516)
The fourth instalment and remake are pointless, so it's perhaps best just to stick to the trilogy. I actually quite like the first and second sequels, particularly the second one with Sam Neill.

I'll still get the set at that price

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th April 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 445518)
I'll still get the set at that price

I'm tempted, but I already have The Omen on DVD and the whole set on DVD – I don't feel the need to upgrade the sequels or even own the remake!

I guess my feelings are the same about the Psycho films, with the first being brilliant (Psycho is much better than The Omen though), the sequels being watchable, but a sizeable step down in quality and, the less said about the (shot for shot) remake, the better.

keirarts 19th April 2015 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Car booting this morning. Bought a big box of DVDs for £3.00
Nothing I especially wanted so traded them into cex for....

Attachment 161582

keirarts 19th April 2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 445519)
I'm tempted, but I already have The Omen on DVD and the whole set on DVD – I don't feel the need to upgrade the sequels or even own the remake!

I guess my feelings are the same about the Psycho films, with the first being brilliant (Psycho is much better than The Omen though), the sequels being watchable, but a sizeable step down in quality and, the less said about the (shot for shot) remake, the better.

Only reason to watch the remake of the omen is the brief cameo from Giovanni lombardo Radice (aka John Morgahen) near the beginning. I retained the DVD set for completions sake but upgraded the first 3 to BR. The upgrade in PQ is definitely worth it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th April 2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 445521)
Only reason to watch the remake of the omen is the brief cameo from Giovanni lombardo Radice (aka John Morgahen) near the beginning. I retained the DVD set for completions sake but upgraded the first 3 to BR. The upgrade in PQ is definitely worth it.

Like I said, it's something I'll consider when I'm feeling flush but, as I'm not at the moment, I can't really justify 'luxury' purchases (double dips or upgrades).

plasterface 19th April 2015 10:33 AM

omen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 445519)

I have my dvd box set signed by David Warner so hanging on to it:turtle:

JoshuaKaitlyn 19th April 2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 445516)

The score for the Sam Neill one I love. Got it, and the score to the second one on good old vinyl from a movie fair in Manchester back in the early ninties!

dustdevil 19th April 2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 443492)
The extras on Arrow's Incredible Melting Man were licensed from Shout Factory, so blame them. :)

I got the Shout Factory release. Always loved this film.Can't say I had a problem with the tone of the commentary - It's not exacly Oscar winning stuff is it just good fun :)