Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 30th November 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 114932)
who is oddly given the credit of playing Django when that is the name of his gun, not him.

Where did you hear that?

nekromantik 30th November 2010 10:32 PM

Just seen Videodrome.
It looks awesome. Love the movie too.
"Long Live The New Flesh" :rockon:

I am no longer a Criterion virgin ha ha

pedromonkey 1st December 2010 01:18 AM

the mexican refered to him as Django. Not his Gun.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st December 2010 10:23 AM

Plus, if you look on the IMDb or just about any other film site, it will have Franco Nero down as playing Django. (I have a long-standing suspicion about the quality of credits at the IMDb, especially the huge numbers of uncredited cast members.)

Inspector Tanzi 1st December 2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 114928)
Spirits of the Dead - Impressed by this one too, and even though it wasn't an Arrow Video release it was nonetheless a very impressive package

I watched that the other night, visually it was great but I don't think the stories added up to much really but I was engrossed whilst watching it.

I have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

In 1990 it was cut by the BBFC by just over a minute, does anybody know what was cut before and are the scenes in the blu ray as I can't find anything to say it has been resubmitted on their website. I hazard a guess that it was possibly Delon whipping Bardot even though it was a very tame scene. I also can't see why in this day and age it that it has an 18 certificate.

the blob 1st December 2010 02:21 PM

The BBFC decision schedule can be pretty weird though. I was having a look the other day and according to them THX 1138 was only classified a couple of weeks ago even though the Blu has been out for a month and a half. :confused:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st December 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 114937)
Just seen Videodrome.
It looks awesome. Love the movie too.
"Long Live The New Flesh" :rockon:

I am no longer a Criterion virgin ha ha

Mine arrived today.

Gonna watch it later. :popcorn:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st December 2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 115017)
I watched that the other night, visually it was great but I don't think the stories added up to much really but I was engrossed whilst watching it.

I have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

In 1990 it was cut by the BBFC by just over a minute, does anybody know what was cut before and are the scenes in the blu ray as I can't find anything to say it has been resubmitted on their website. I hazard a guess that it was possibly Delon whipping Bardot even though it was a very tame scene. I also can't see why in this day and age it that it has an 18 certificate.

I've always enjoyed the 'Toby Dammit' story - great performance from Terence Stamp.

Also, Jane Fonda is a smoking hotty as the Contessa in 'Metzengerstein'. ;)

Not sure about the details regarding the cuts either, although I'd agree on the whipping scene as Rollin's Requiem for a Vampire was cut for the same reason.

Inspector Tanzi 1st December 2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 115056)
I've always enjoyed the 'Toby Dammit' story - great performance from Terence Stamp.

Easily the best of the three in my opinion.

Inspector Tanzi 1st December 2010 07:55 PM

The Shinjuku Incident - Crime drama with Jackie Chan, I really enjoyed this, great performance from Chan in one of the most serious roles I've seen him in.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...uBlu-ray3D.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.