Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th May 2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 448880)
Of course I'm now convinced there will be a fantastic new release on the way.

There is I'm afraid - Criterion released it on Blu last year.

A great pick-up all the same though. :nod:

SharonLynette 9th May 2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 448882)
There is I'm afraid - Criterion released it on Blu last year.

A great pick-up all the same though. :nod:

Oh no, I was aware of that, expensive and region locked? My Sony blu multi region dvd is fantastic at upscaling, my u.s. blu player is a bit patchy.

Nordicdusk 10th May 2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 448876)
Indeed! Imo, great original poster artwork, and a hell of a lot better than every other dvd/BD cover it's had (others may disagree), especially the last one below.

Attachment 163462Attachment 163463Attachment 163464Attachment 163465Attachment 163466

Is the artwork on the Blu Ray at the bottom the same as the image you posted. I was looking at that actual Blu Ray tonight at my mates house but his was still sealed and it was a card in front of the actual cover with that artwork on it. Its like the card that was in front of the Pet Cemetery Blu Ray i got with just the picture of the cat but under it had different artwork.

keirarts 10th May 2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 448885)
Oh no, I was aware of that, expensive and region locked? My Sony blu multi region dvd is fantastic at upscaling, my u.s. blu player is a bit patchy.

Was going to mention the Criterion release myself. Its pointless unless you can play region locked discs. However it seems to be a great candidate for Arrow academy if they could get the rights. Doubt it'll be any time soon.

Plus that DVD has great liner notes from Kim Newman.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 09:03 AM

Just these this week:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...pst9yjz0rp.jpg

Now I only need the seventh season of True Blood and the fourth season of Game of Thrones.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 09:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 448886)
Is the artwork on the Blu Ray at the bottom the same as the image you posted. I was looking at that actual Blu Ray tonight at my mates house but his was still sealed and it was a card in front of the actual cover with that artwork on it. Its like the card that was in front of the Pet Cemetery Blu Ray i got with just the picture of the cat but under it had different artwork.

Yeah, had a look on the internet and it's this artwork underneath the card.

Attachment 163470

I thought the Pet Sematary blu had the same art in the case underneath? Or was there another release?

Attachment 163471Attachment 163472

Nordicdusk 10th May 2015 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163474

Sorry I was wrong I was getting mixed up with the DVD and the card having the gold boarder same image tho.

Note to self don't post drunk.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 448896)
Attachment 163474

Sorry I was wrong I was getting mixed up with the DVD and the card having the gold boarder same image tho.

Note to self don't post drunk.

Damn you Sir! :lol: Thought maybe there was a blu-ray with the original artwork.

Nordicdusk 10th May 2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 448901)
Damn you Sir! :lol: Thought maybe there was a blu-ray with the original artwork.

If only sorry again.

Bringer Of Funerals 10th May 2015 12:04 PM

Whats the Italian Collection edition of Midnight Train Murders like? I want to get it