Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Frankenhooker 11th May 2015 12:44 PM

Picked up Arrow's 4-disc Dawn Of The Dead DVD in CEX, perfect condition, poster, booklet, everything.

I also bought Bloody Mama, Return Of The Living Dead and The Killing Of Sister George in HMV.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 448967)
I think Amazon has completely lost their mind!

I just noticed they have made some items exclusive to Amazon Prime members.

See this for example:

Thankfully it's just Amazon.com.... at the moment.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448974)
Thankfully it's just Amazon.com.... at the moment.

I'm only using Prime because I'm a student so it's half price, but that would suck big time if it was rolled out across to the UK and for major releases, making buying into Prime a necessity. I hope the Americans will hate it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 448976)
I'm only using Prime because I'm a student so it's half price, but that would suck big time if it was rolled out across to the UK and for major releases, making buying into Prime a necessity. I hope the Americans will hate it!

Our Prime is double the cost of what the Americans are charged.

VeZius 11th May 2015 02:19 PM

Living in Finland, I would have absolutely no reason to get Prime. So it's completely insane to do this... they're blocking sales to other countries this way.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 448981)
Living in Finland, I would have absolutely no reason to get Prime. So it's completely insane to do this... they're blocking sales to other countries this way.

Living in the UK, I have no reason to get this... why would I want to pay £80 a year for 'next day' delivery that often doesn't arrive next day?... If you heed the complaints of many Prime members. Add to this the fact that I'm not an impatient shopper who will gladly wait a few days for his goods, then there is no way I'm prepared to fork over £80 for a service I should be getting as standard anyway - loads of other UK e-sellers have free postage irrelevant of the amount you order and ship pretty quickly too.

I was more than happy paying for my goods and waiting for them a little longer via the super saver shipping... however with this minimum order price hike and blatant push by Amazon to get people to sign up for Prime then I'll definitely be using Amazon a lot less from now on.

Frankenhooker 11th May 2015 03:09 PM

We had Amazon Prime as we forgot to cancel the trial. Instead of a year, we ended up getting eighteen months as every time something was late (we're talking a week, not days) I'd complain and they'd add a month to our subscription. I couldn't wait for it to end so my orders would be delivered via Royal Mail rather than some courier that couldn't find the house or pretend that they attempted delivery.

Terrible service for £80 a year.

VeZius 11th May 2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 448982)
Living in the UK, I have no reason to get this... why would I want to pay £80 a year for 'next day' delivery that often doesn't arrive next day?... If you heed the complaints of many Prime members. Add to this the fact that I'm not an impatient shopper who will gladly wait a few days for his goods, then there is no way I'm prepared to fork over £80 for a service I should be getting as standard anyway - loads of other UK e-sellers have free postage irrelevant of the amount you order and ship pretty quickly too.

I was more than happy paying for my goods and waiting for them a little longer via the super saver shipping... however with this minimum order price hike and blatant push by Amazon to get people to sign up for Prime then I'll definitely be using Amazon a lot less from now on.

Well that just makes even more sense to get Prime then. :lol: That's a hefty sum for nothing.

I used to buy stuff from Amazon UK all the time, but now I only make couple of orders a year, since they stopped doing the "super saver shipping" to several countries. I moved a lot of my purchases to Amazon US, I guess kinda to catch up with all the awesome US releases that I didn't get to buy, cos Amazon UK was taking my money. Now they want me to stop doing that also...

I've been moving my purchases to Diabolikdvd a lot lately (they are the best at the packaging parcels business!), but they're only good for the cult stuff.

demonknight 11th May 2015 03:51 PM

Motivational Growth on DVD.

Nordicdusk 11th May 2015 04:10 PM

No films today but just as important I got 40 protective cases for my steelbooks.