Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 02:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Forgot these non-horror bits and bobs from last Sunday.

PaulD 30th May 2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 451823)
This week's new arrivals.

Should probably look this up but is Fairytale an Italian film? Came across it recently online somehow (iMDB, Letterboxd, can't remember) and seem to remember it being so. If so, only noteworthy due to the lack of such films these days

edit: thinking, was it also known as The Haunting of Helena or am I completely confusing the matter? :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 451825)
Should probably look this up but is Fairytale an Italian film? Came across it recently online somehow (iMDB, Letterboxd, can't remember) and seem to remember it being so. If so, only noteworthy due to the lack of such films these days

edit: thinking, was it also known as The Haunting of Helena or am I completely confusing the matter? :)

Yes it is Italian.

I reviewed it a few days ago here. https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gen...tml#post451150

Susan Foreman 30th May 2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 451825)

It would appear you are correct on both counts - 'The Haunting Of Helena' is also known as 'Fairytale', and it seems it was made in Italy

The Haunting of Helena (2012) - IMDb

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a few blu-rays delivered today.

Attachment 165220

Plus, Scarecrows has a reversible cover with alternate poster artwork (which I never knew the film had until I searched Mr Google today).

Attachment 165221

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 451830)

Scarecrows

Is that the same Scarecrows as the one where the aircraft goes down near an old house and graveyard?

I presume you've seen it before if it is.

If not, it's a cracking little film, you'll love it.

Cliffhanger, Dante's Peak and Daylight too. Fantastic stuff Stephen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 451836)
Is that the same Scarecrows as the one where the aircraft goes down near an old house and graveyard?

I presume you've seen it before if it is.

If not, it's a cracking little film, you'll love it.

Cliffhanger, Dante's Peak and Daylight too. Fantastic stuff Stephen.

Yep, the very same. Seen it a few times now. Still have the R1 dvd from MGM, which my cousin forgot to pick up this afternoon :lol:

I could've bought the US discs of Daylight & Dante's Peak, which both have extras (these don't), but I've seen them all before and the artwork on the US releases suck, so the German discs it had to be.

keirarts 30th May 2015 07:34 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Been a few places, Burnley, accrington (where I encountered a man screaming about satan at some owls) then Blackburn where I scored this 3 for £7.98

Attachment 165223 Attachment 165224

Attachment 165225

shame they have cash converters stickers on, especially with Spartacus that was otherwise complete with collectors cards.

Then went to Preston HMV. Bloodstained shadow sold out but got these....

Attachment 165226 Attachment 165227

Attachment 165228 Attachment 165229

Timebomb from a charity shop..

Got home to find my cult labs prize!

Attachment 165230 Attachment 165231

Great (and odd) day.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 451864)
Been a few places, Burnley, accrington (where I encountered a man screaming about satan at some owls) then Blackburn where I scored this 3 for £7.98

I bet you didn't find anything in Burnley did you?

It used to be great for music and video (MVC, Our Price, Music Zone, HMV) now all gone, all there is left is a couple of Indie record shops and CEX.

keirarts 30th May 2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 451866)
I bet you didn't find anything in Burnley did you?

It used to be great for music and video (MVC, Our Price, Music Zone, HMV) now all gone, all there is left is a couple of Indie record shops and CEX.

I tend to find obscure stuff I can flog on Amazon. Occasionally some treats for myself. Found the JUDEX/NUITS ROUGE doube bill dvd there in British heart,