Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:12 PM

That is nice Nek! Although I think the standard release is long enuff for me! Not too bothered about the intricacies of Smurf sex!

:lol:

Have you seen how much the bootlegs of the 3D version are going for on ebay?

:eek:

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115404)
That is nice Nek! Although I think the standard release is long enuff for me! Not too bothered about the intricacies of Smurf sex!

:lol:

Have you seen how much the bootlegs of the 3D version are going for on ebay?

:eek:

yup
The Panasonic 3D exclusives in the US are selling for $329 on ebay but at least they official. Reviews for it say it looks amazing in 3D and shows off what the tech can really do.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:15 PM

Hi have had a look at it in local Curries and it really does look good .. not as much flicker neither compared to other releases I have had a look at.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115406)
Hi have had a look at it in local Curries and it really does look good .. not as much flicker neither compared to other releases I have had a look at.

shame u cant get a decent 3D tv for less then £1100. :eek:

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:23 PM

Its not just the TV tho is it Nek? You need the player, compatible amp I guess and at least 2 pairs of specs .. nearing £2K

Pana should not have been allowed exclusivity of Av ... just made it more appealling for dealers on ebay to rip off people.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115408)
Its not just the TV tho is it Nek? You need the player, compatible amp I guess and at least 2 pairs of specs .. nearing £2K

Pana should not have been allowed exclusivity of Av ... just made it more appealling for dealers on ebay to rip off people.

Well most 3D tv's come with 2 pairs of glasses anyway and they doing deals with free 3D bluray player if u buy a TV. If you got a PS3 then it can play 3D blu's but only limitation is you cant have java content while watching 3D but that only affects things like interactive modes which give u info while watching the movie.

Amps dont need to be 3D compatible as 3D blus use same HD sound as standard blu's.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 115410)

Amps dont need to be 3D compatible as 3D blus use same HD sound as standard blu's.

Hmmmm not sure my Onkyo is compatible with 3D ... TX-SR507.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115411)
Hmmmm not sure my Onkyo is compatible with 3D ... TX-SR507.

It should be as its got HDMI input and it can decode DTS master audio etc.
3D bluray players output sound in the same way as normal bluray. Only difference between 3D and normal is the picture being sent as 2 images. One for left and other for right and then your glasses sync with the TV.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:40 PM

Nah Nek, the amp has to be HDMI 1.4 compatible for 3D pass-thru ... which mine isn't :(

Still a terrific amp tho, but I am in no way gonna upgrade this again as I have just done it for BD ... grrrrr!

:mmph:

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115414)
Nah Nek, the amp has to be HDMI 1.4 compatible for 3D pass-thru ... which mine isn't :(

Still a terrific amp tho, but I am in no way gonna upgrade this again as I have just done it for BD ... grrrrr!

:mmph:

PS3 dont support HDMI 1.4 only 1.3 so 3D on PS3 and your amp should work fine.