Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 452253)
Jeez, that lot will keep you going til the weekend at least...:lol:

Don't be daft Plato.

He'll have watched them and sold it by now. :nod:

J Harker 3rd June 2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 452069)
Actually, according to DVD Compare, the 25th Anniversary Editions have a new documentary (Scorcese's Goodfellas) in addition to the new booklet and 4K transfer. If so, it's practically a compulsory purchase.

With regard to the 25th Anniversary release of GoodFellas. My local HMV has rather oddly slapped 25th Anniversary stickers on the older standard bluray.

MuckyFunster 3rd June 2015 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Courtesy of Cult Labs' competitions! Thank you very much!

I liked the new cover, but this ones better [emoji106]🏼

Attachment 165330

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th June 2015 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals:

VeZius 4th June 2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 452387)
Recent arrivals:

All very mouth watering purchases BE!

bleakshaun 4th June 2015 05:23 PM

Purchased band of brothers on blu ray. As well as alan partridge alpha papa, witchfinder general and island of death on dvd for less than £20

platostotal 4th June 2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 452257)
Don't be daft Plato.

He'll have watched them and sold it by now. :nod:

:lol::lol::pound::pound::lol::lol:

Godewind 4th June 2015 06:59 PM

Having only now jumped on the Blu-ray wagon, bought a bunch of good looking goodies for upgrades. Ice Station Zebra, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Innocents, The Monster Club, Ransom (1974) and The Mummy (1959). This format looks like a new passion of mine, the quality is simply too much of an improvement not to care.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th June 2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godewind (Post 452401)
Having only now jumped on the Blu-ray wagon, bought a bunch of good looking goodies for upgrades. Ice Station Zebra, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Innocents, The Monster Club, Ransom (1974) and The Mummy (1959). This format looks like a new passion of mine, the quality is simply too much of an improvement not to care.

Upgrading your favourite films to Blu-ray will cost a lot of money, but at least it's not as expensive as it used to be. Also, as you are late to the party, you've missed 'flipper' discs and jewel cases and the biggest films – such as Goodfellas – have been released several times, so the newest (or most basic) version now is the one laden with extra features and with the best A/V quality.

keirarts 4th June 2015 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 165339 Attachment 165340

While I have the uk box set, Mystery Train was going pretty cheap so decided to see if there was any difference. Double game was a lucky score from EBAY.