Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Inspector Abberline 7th June 2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 452691)
Got this from CEX, a blind buy has anyone's seen it, might watched later tonight

Yeah i found it quite amusing,although not as hilarious as the quotes on the cover suggest,but a worthy watch never the less.

trebor8273 7th June 2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 452692)
Yeah i found it quite amusing,although not as hilarious as the quotes on the cover suggest,but a worthy watch never the less.

Does it have horror elements or is it just a comedy with vampires?

Inspector Abberline 7th June 2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 452693)

Id say more comedy with vampires,its done in the style of fly on the wall documentary.I enjoyed it more on the 2nd watch for some reason.

plasterface 7th June 2015 09:36 PM

shadows

love that film

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th June 2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 452693)

Although it isn't as good as This Is Spinal Tap, it's the same kind of 'mockumentary', which is much more comedy-based than a horror film. I thought it was very funny and loved the numerous film references.

Frankenhooker 8th June 2015 09:12 AM

Just had Inherent Vice and Tusk drop through the letter box. I loved Inherent Vice, despite some of the sniffy reviews. Not sure I followed the plot 100% but I loved the hazy atmosphere and I thought Joaquin Phoenix was fantastic.

I haven't seen Tusk and I have a love/hate relationship with Kevin Smith, but the premise sounds all sorts of messed up.

Demoncrat 8th June 2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Got this from CEX, a blind buy has anyone's seen it, might watched later tonight

Liked this, and I'm nae the biggest Flight Of The Conchords fan etc.....;)

Frankenhooker 8th June 2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

I loved it, but then I loved Flight Of The Conchords. I watched the whole thing with a smile on my face.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th June 2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 452746)
I loved it, but then I loved Flight Of The Conchords. I watched the whole thing with a smile on my face.

I love The Flight Of The Conchords radio show and TV series, so expected to have the same real action to What We Do in the Shadows, and wasn't at all disappointed.

Nordicdusk 8th June 2015 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 165639

These arrived today Zavvi seem to get faster and faster everytime I order. Thanks a million Kyle for Sisters Of Ursula.