Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 6th December 2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 115694)
Cheers ant. If it turns out to be the only one, people will say its unique but Its annoying. :lol:

Sorry to annoy you but it's unique :lol:

Sargento 6th December 2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 115660)
Dolby TrueHD is a very good sound encoding and is virtually the equal of DTS-HD Master Audio (they are both lossless) but neither are the equal of a LPCM 7.1 uncompressed track

Nah nah nah Nos! TrueHD isn't a patch on DTS HD .. not in my experience anyway. The separation, clarity and humph of DTS HD is tremendous. Hasn't Blade Runner got LPCM audio?

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 07:20 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN/BOUGHT ON BLU-RAY RECENTLY and CAN YOU RECOMMEND IT?

Awwwwww damn! :lol:

Inspector Tanzi 6th December 2010 07:28 PM

Just looked, mine looks normal too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 07:47 PM

Guess I'm just unlucky! :coolblue:

bdc 6th December 2010 07:54 PM

Just arrived... :)

Harry Novak Horror Double Feature - Special Edition (R1,SWV)
- Beautiful, the Bloody, and the Bare, The (1964)
- Behind Locked Doors (1968)

Wham Bam Thank You Spaceman (1975) - Special Edition (R1,SWV)

Just discovered I already owned the supposedly rare Dutch vhs with the xxx version (under the title Erotic Encounters of the Best Kind)! :doh::lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115726)
Nah nah nah Nos! TrueHD isn't a patch on DTS HD .. not in my experience anyway. The separation, clarity and humph of DTS HD is tremendous. Hasn't Blade Runner got LPCM audio?

I've come across some really good Dolby TrueHD tracks -- can't remember which ones off the top of my head -- but I know that Blade Runner, which only has Dolby TrueHD, not LPCM or DTS-HD Master Audio, is an extremely impressive aural experience showcasing all the effects, great sound design and Vangelis' score sounds better than I've ever heard it.

DeadAlive 6th December 2010 10:11 PM

The One Armed Swordsman
My Young Auntie
The Legend Is Born: Ip Man
Triads - The Inside Story
Blue Velvet
Death Race 2000
District 9
Jason X
In The Mouth Of Madness
(VHS)

nekromantik 7th December 2010 12:05 AM

mine dont have that mark either :lol:

oaxaca 7th December 2010 09:18 AM

Watched Carpenter's THE FOG last night on Optimum's BD. The film, obviously, is superb; up there with the greatest horror films.

The PQ was a bit shocking initially, with excessive saturation and colours bleeding out of lights on screen. But as soon as the daytime scenes started and interior shots (e.g. in the lighthouse) with fair lighting then the PQ drastically improved on any other copy I've seen. I think the picture actually got better as it went along, it was pretty impressive. I definitely recommend a BluRay upgrade for the picture quality alone. Sound is Dolby 5.1 and extras, well, there are none agh, which is crazy really when you think the 2-disc special edit DVD had a load of extras!!

Still, worth it for the picture I reckon. Especially @ £6 from a certain 2nd hand retail chain