Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 29th July 2015 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168198

I must need my f*****g head examined. The lure of sybil dannings tits was too strong. :cool:

keirarts 29th July 2015 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also this to add to my hammer collection....

Attachment 168199

Rik 29th July 2015 03:43 PM

I'd say that's my least favourite adaption of Phantom, but I do intend on picking it up at some point. It's just a little dull and not one of Hammers best IMO

plasterface 29th July 2015 06:47 PM

buys

watched repo man it was ok, probs needs a rewatch .
from Hmv got tromeo and juliet on blu, anthropophagous on dvd, prefer absurd myself but interested in 42nd street doc. got the zero theorem and abcs of death 2 on dvd as part of two for a tenner deal. Aint see zero before but although I cant say I love every Gilliam film , everyone of his films is interesting and you cant say that about many directors. got strawberry,chocolate, vanilla on blu second hand looks interesting. got ginger clown starring Tim Curry from poundland probs crap but you never know. from amazon got motivational growth on region free dvd which stars Jeffrey Combs as talking mould, i was hoping for something akin to brain damage , it is amusing enough but confusing . Book wise I got Thomas " the dudedesigns " Hodge's VHS video cover art which is sublime and journey to the centre of the cramps. Does the labs have a graphic novel thread?

keirarts 29th July 2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 458163)
I'd say that's my least favourite adaption of Phantom, but I do intend on picking it up at some point. It's just a little dull and not one of Hammers best IMO

No argument here. Mainly got it because its hammer and its 8.99.

Rik 29th July 2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 458186)
No argument here. Mainly got it because its hammer and its 8.99.

Yeah, same reason I own the Mummy's Shroud on blu :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 458187)
Yeah, same reason I own the Mummy's Shroud on blu :lol:

Both the very dregs of Hammer aren't they? :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 07:27 PM

I actually prefer it to the '43 Universal version of Phantom which I feel is more than a little weak.

I actually rather like The Mummy's Shroud too.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 458190)
I actually prefer it to the '43 Universal version of Phantom which I feel is more than a little weak.

I'm just not fond of Phantom at all really. Although silence is golden.

Apart from the original Karloff and Lee versions mummies don't really excite me much. The Brendan Fraser film was a lot of fun but that was more of an Indiana Jones film than classic mummy movie.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 458191)
I'm just not fond of Phantom at all really. Although silence is golden.

The '43 version isn't silent.

Quote:

Apart from the original Karloff and Lee versions mummies don't really excite me much. The Brendan Fraser film was a lot of fun but that was more of an Indiana Jones film than classic mummy movie.

I love all that Egyptology and embalming type stuff so do like a good Mummy film :nod:

Quote:

mummies don't really excite me much

I'd hope not; incest is frowned upon in these here parts ;)