Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Argentofan 12th December 2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 116596)
If thats labyrinth with David Bowie, I think its a gr8 family musical film..

It is. :D
I used to have it on video and it's a favourite of mine so I found it cheap and thought it was time to retire my old VHS.

pedromonkey 12th December 2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 116599)
I used to have it on video and it's a favourite of mine so I found it cheap and thought it was time to retire my old VHS.

love Labyrinth, to behonest i love anything made by Henson Studios and the fact it was written by Terry Jones Of monty Python fame. Ive just found out im getting it on Blu-ray for Christmas.

Argentofan, if you like Labyrinth you should check out Princess Bride, awesome fantasy Comedy with Carey Elwes of Saw Fame.

Argentofan 12th December 2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116600)
love Labyrinth, to behonest i love anything made by Henson Studios and the fact it was written by Terry Jones Of monty Python fame. Ive just found out im getting it on Blu-ray for Christmas.

Argentofan, if you like Labyrinth you should check out Princess Bride, awesome fantasy Comedy with Carey Elwes of Saw Fame.

Bet it looks good on Blu ray. :D

I'll check that out, thanks ped :D

gag 12th December 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 116599)

Ive still got loads of videos. They are all down and mums in her attic,
I realy need to sort them out and decide whats worth keeping or binning

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 03:29 PM

The postie came today (yes, a Sunday) and brought:
Videodrome (BD)
Troll 2 (BD)
Island of Lost Souls (DVD)
The Tomb of Ligea/An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (DVD)

Some great watching up ahead.

gag 12th December 2010 04:06 PM

Just watched Rec nvr seen it. If you can cope with plenty of screaming then its not bad....I know Quarantine was a remake of Rec, But didnt realise it wernt just a remake more of scene by scene , I dont see point of them type of remakes..

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 116488)
Best of all though-Managed to get a SHOGUN ASSASSIN tin,which features the original poster art on the reverse once you peel the synopsis off.:cool:

It also includes the standard DVD.;)

A must have!:woot:

It's a certainly a thing of beauty - although the HD transfer isn't fantastic.

nekromantik 12th December 2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 116622)
Just watched Rec nvr seen it. If you can cope with plenty of screaming then its not bad....I know Quarantine was a remake of Rec, But didnt realise it wernt just a remake more of scene by scene , I dont see point of them type of remakes..

I love [rec], one of me fav spanish horrors next to Pans Labyrinth and Devils Backbone altho both of them are not strictly "horror" films.

Looks good on bluray too!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 116614)
The postie came today (yes, a Sunday) and brought:
Videodrome (BD)
Troll 2 (BD)
Island of Lost Souls (DVD)
The Tomb of Ligea/An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (DVD)

Some great watching up ahead.

Glad I wasn't the only one.
I thought I was hallucinating!:eek:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 116635)
I love [rec], one of me fav spanish horrors next to Pans Labyrinth and Devils Backbone altho both of them are not strictly "horror" films.

Looks good on bluray too!

I agree that [Rec] is a terrific film and that's why the BD is near the top of my 'to buy' list.

I class The Devil's Backbone as a horror film but Pan's Labyrinth is a fantasy-drama with horror elements rather than an outright horror.