Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

kingofwitches666 12th December 2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 116542)
The blu ray as you say has the neck stabbing reinstated, the dvd for some reason is the cut cert 15 cinema print.

Though not through censorship there was a similar incident with Law Abiding Citizen, only the blu ray got the longer cut of the film.

Once again, you'd the man when it comes to getting the info on stuff I enquire about. Cheers Inspector. :thumb:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 05:13 PM

Just bought this:

http://b.dv1.us/p1/275/104275-d0.jpg

:D

bdc 13th December 2010 07:24 PM

Nice one BE,now you'll have to tell me how the pic/disc quality is!
I've read all kinds of different things on the net about this bd.
I seem to remember it's region free,is that correct?
I absolutely love Night of the Werewolf!:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 116816)
Nice one BE,now you'll have to tell me how the pic/disc quality is!
I've read all kinds of different things on the net about this bd.
I seem to remember it's region free,is that correct?
I absolutely love Night of the Werewolf!:)

Will do. ;)

I've been meaning to pick it up for a while, and came across one at a very reasonable price and thought: why not? :D

I'm pretty sure it is Region free, but I'll let you know. I love both of these films, so it was an essential purchase for me! :nod:

bdc 13th December 2010 08:06 PM

Thanks BE,been ages since I last watched Vengeance of the Zombies and I can't remember a lot about it,just Naschy in a turban... ;)

Vendaval Este 13th December 2010 10:54 PM

Last BD I got (I don't buy many at all) was Midnight Legacy's limited release of Alien 2: On Earth. Seeing a film like this in HD presentation is nothing short of gobsmacking, fortunately I shouldn't need to recommend it because the people this type of film appeals to know who they are, will warn that it definitely drags in more than one place however.

Inspector Tanzi 14th December 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendaval Este (Post 116900)
Last BD I got (I don't buy many at all) was Midnight Legacy's limited release of Alien 2: On Earth. Seeing a film like this in HD presentation is nothing short of gobsmacking, fortunately I shouldn't need to recommend it because the people this type of film appeals to know who they are, will warn that it definitely drags in more than one place however.

I'm waiting on my one to arrive? I'm gonna try and keep up on stuff like this on Blu Ray if I possibly can.

Sargento 14th December 2010 07:17 PM

Just got througth the post .. Shriek Show R1

Zombie 3
Zombie 4

Dunno what they are like, not seen either yet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 07:22 PM

Neither are particularly good but, even so, they are still worth a watch. The 'Zombie' titles are a little misleading as they weren't originally titled as much and so are nothing like Zombi 2.

Sargento 14th December 2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 116996)
Neither are particularly good but, even so, they are still worth a watch. The 'Zombie' titles are a little misleading as they weren't originally titled as much and so are nothing like Zombi 2.

Cheers Nos ... not expecting owt special to be fair. The comments you make are the main reasons why I never dipped before ... but they were cheap so decided to add them to my collection.

Edit: Just looked up Zombie 4 and noticed Jeff Stryker is in it .. I think I have seen it on the Horror Channel now! I think he should stick to what he is better known for!