Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 7th October 2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 463854)
What's the Universe Collection like?

It's a great series only had a quick look has a book, but it's only the first 6 seasons and wonders of the solar system (3D). Looks fantastic on blu

MuckyFunster 7th October 2015 04:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I bought these four on monday. Nailgun and live like a cop from Fopp, and Pharoes and Anthro from HMV. Anthro Blu was £15, the others were £9.

The box for Pharoes is different from the rest. Solid red with square corners, rather than transparent red with rounded corners.
Attachment 170961Attachment 170962Attachment 170963

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 463849)
What's that black & white pic from?

My avatar gif is from Hitchcock's Psycho and the gif in my signature is from L'inferno, which is a film made in 1911 that is loosely based on Dante's infamous 'Divine Comedy'.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 463856)
The box for Pharoes is different from the rest. Solid red with square corners, rather than transparent red with rounded corners.

Apparently the case for Splatter University is the same so it appears as if 88 have switched case type for their Slasher Collection.

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 08:05 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 463879)
Apparently the case for Splatter University is the same so it appears as if 88 have switched case type for their Slasher Collection.

I believe it may have been the same situation as using the thinner cases for Toxie 3&4, hard for them to get more without ordering a ridiculous amount (which they'd never use), so the only thing they could do was get the other red cases. It is a shame though, as the original cases look better, but I can understand why they had to switch.

MuckyFunster 7th October 2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 463885)
...hard for them to get more without ordering a ridiculous amount (which they'd never use)

Does this mean the slasher classics collection may be coming to an end?

[emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 463889)

I doubt it - more so that the remaining titles will come in a slightly different case... nothing major to worry about! :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 463889)

[emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

No. When I say a ridiculous amount, I mean only a number someone like a Hollywood studio would consider splashing out the cash on. Got to remember that very few of these types of films from any company are lucky to sell 1000 copies. Most times a lot less.

iank 7th October 2015 08:59 PM

I've got like 14 DVDs currently in the mail. I'm thinking of ordering two more on the weekend...:hide:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2015 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought a couple of VHS tapes.....