Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MacBlayne 10th October 2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464048)
Some Network goodies. (Shame a couple were out of stock and haven't turned up yet) followed by five maybe dodgy ones from Poundland.

Well, The Sacrament and Willow Creek have interesting directors so you may be in luck. Plus, I hear The Sacrament is one of the better of the "found-footage" genre (in fact, some critics have complained it is "too good" for a found-footage film).

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464049)
Well, The Sacrament and Willow Creek have interesting directors so you may be in luck. Plus, I hear The Sacrament is one of the better of the "found-footage" genre (in fact, some critics have complained it is "too good" for a found-footage film).

I have hopes for The Sacrament being a Ti West film. I like all his others from The Roost to The Innkeepers.

The Seasoning House has Sean Pertwee and Devil in the Woods stars Stephen Moyer so i have hopes for them too. The other two are a bit of a Police Academy love in seeing as one stars Steve Guttenberg and the other is directed by Bobcat Goldthwait. :lol:

Frankenhooker 10th October 2015 03:30 PM

I found The Sacrament quietly effective. I read some sniffy reviews but bought it anyway (for full price) on the strength of the director, I'm glad I did, bargain for a quid.

gag 10th October 2015 03:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got my doctor who pocket watch today

SharonLynette 10th October 2015 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple from 88 picked up from HMV earlier in the week.

profondo rosso 10th October 2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464042)
Hi everybody,

I'm back after a long hiatus (personal issues; family; and course work) kept me away for too long. I hope to be more active again.

Anyhow, this just came in the post yesterday.

Attachment 171031 Attachment 171032

There are a couple of Halloween box sets on Blu, does anybody know which is the superior one?

MacBlayne 10th October 2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 464062)
There are a couple of Halloween box sets on Blu, does anybody know which is the superior one?

The one I got is considered to be the best but it's not perfect. The picture quality on 4, 5 and H20 is supposed to be mediocre, while many have complained that Resurrection's transfer is worse than the previous bluray.

However, the extras and the inclusion of the producer's cut (remastered) of Curse of Michael Myers overcomes any of the flaws.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's the Scream Factory / Anchor Bay boxset.

profondo rosso 10th October 2015 04:30 PM

Thanks MacB, I see yours is the 15 disc set, there is also a 10 disc I believe?

Where did you pick up yours and what's a good price for the 15 disc set? as if I got it I would want the extras.

MacBlayne 10th October 2015 04:40 PM

I picked up my copy on Amazon. It's going for $85. With P&P and Euro conversion, it came to around €100. Which is worth it for me. I haven't found a cheaper copy of it - even second hand copies and eBay sellers are charging more.

There is a 10 disc version for around $50 but it loses the Producer's cut and the extras discs.

At the moment, I'm watching a documentary following Curtis at a fan convention for charity. She comes across a lovely, friendly person with a good memory. She's also very quick to praise others for their support and dedication.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th October 2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464042)
Hi everybody,

I'm back after a long hiatus (personal issues; family; and course work) kept me away for too long. I hope to be more active again.

Anyhow, this just came in the post yesterday.

Attachment 171031 Attachment 171032

Bought this when it was first released, and it's a beauty. I was worried when I bought it because they used those dreaded eco-cases for the films, but miraculously every one was perfect, with no damage to the artwork. I also ended up buying the Canadian double feature blu of the theatrical versions of the Rob Zombie movies to sit along side this.